Seth on illness in the afterlife

Started by Sena, April 21, 2020, 08:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

"First of all, it should be obvious from what I have said so far that there is no one after-death reality, but [that] each experience is different. Generally speaking, however, there are dimensions into which these individual experiences will fall. For example, there is an initial stage for those who are still focused strongly in physical reality, and for those who need a period of recuperation and rest. On this level there will be hospitals and rest homes. The patients do not yet realize that there is nothing wrong with them at all. In some cases, the idea of illness is so strong that they have built their earthly years about this psychological center. They project ill conditions upon the new body as they did upon the old one. They are given various kinds of treatment of a psychic nature, and told that the condition of that body is being brought about by the nature of their own beliefs. (9:32.) Now, many individuals do not need to pass through this particular period. It goes without saying that the hospitals and training centers are not physical in your terms. They are often, in fact, maintained en masse by the guides who carry out the necessary plans. Now you may call this mass hallucination if you will. The fact is that to those encountering that reality, the events are quite real." (from "Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts)

From the Kindle edition: https://amzn.eu/b4FsLEP

Deb

Quote from: Seth
In some cases, the idea of illness is so strong that they have built their earthly years about this psychological center. They project ill conditions upon the new body as they did upon the old one. They are given various kinds of treatment of a psychic nature, and told that the condition of that body is being brought about by the nature of their own beliefs.

I'm so glad I found Seth, we have an entirely different perspective on what to expect upon death. No showdowns between Gods, no bringing along illnesses we may have, hopefully we won't miss a beat.

I'm almost done reading the book about Glimpses of Eternity book (Moody), which is about shared death experiences. It's been very interesting, I just haven't had much time to read lately. I'll review the book when I'm done, I've been taking notes.