Jane's mother was a fragment personality

Started by Sena, December 15, 2022, 01:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

An interesting Seth teaching is on fragment personalities:

"Now, and no distortion here from our friend (Jane), your mother was from the beginning a fragment, an offshoot actually, from the personality that she was in her last existence. The offshoot of fragment had to, and chose to, deal with the relationship that then took place between this fragment and your father. His part in it was finished early. Her part was not, and she has chosen this road, all without knowing. Characteristics now being shown impeded the progress of the whole personality to which she is attached. The whole personality has to work these characteristics out in physical terms in order to discover through direct experience where they would lead. The whole personality is a stubborn one, and had to learn in this manner. The vitality of the fragment personality but hints at the overall vitality of the whole self involved. The characteristics are explosive and seemingly overwhelmingly impulsive, simply because by the nature of a fragment there are few balancing features, usually instead a one-sided explosive offshoot." (from "The Personal Sessions: Book One of the Deleted Seth Material: Personal Seth Sessions 11/15/65 - 12/6/71" by Jane Roberts, Robert Butts)

Kindle edition: https://amzn.eu/ads6Gw2

A possible alternate way of looking at fragment personalities is to consider them as multiple simultaneous reincarnations:

"This is a belief found in Tibet and a few other places such as among the Inuit and Northwest Pacific Coastal American Indians. According to this belief it is possible for a soul to be reborn into two or more entities at the same time. Another version of this simultaneous rebirth does not require that any double rebirth be at the same time; for example, a single soul may be shared by one person living from 1940–2015 and a second person living from 1955–2030.
Similarly, writing of the rebirth belief held by the Haida people of British Columbia, Margaret Blackman remarks that it 'does not require that one be born after the death of the reincarnate kin. Furthermore, an individual can be reincarnated into more than one person at a time' (from "Rebirth and the Stream of Life: A Philosophical Study of Reincarnation, Karma and Ethics" by Mikel Burley)

https://amzn.eu/iXicRh3

Like Like x 1 View List

inavalan

I don't know if the two concepts are related. I didn't pay much attention to the idea of "fragments", which I vaguely believe to be incomplete personalities, created for some reason; off-hand I'd say for "younger" entities.

Regarding the second concept, I believe a reincarnation can happen anywhere in terms of earthly time, 3d-space, probability; so it should be possible to have incarnations of the same entity that simultaneous in physical-time.

I actually had a past-life regression that was simultaneous with my current incarnation, shifted about 10 years, in the same geographical location, but as a woman. Surely, that might've been a distortion, but I believe it is possible.

As long as there is no objective physical reality, and everybody creates their own individual version, there is a lot of flexibility and potential.

This a related Seth quote:
  • " I told you that in certain terms this was the last life for each of you, your breaking-off points. But that does not mean there are not future lives in earthly terms for you."

Quote from: inavalan on October 16, 2022, 01:29:34 AM
Quote"(10:23.) Give us a moment... When you speak of reincarnation, the past is usually considered, as you have yourself often noted. I told you that in certain terms this was the last life for each of you, your breaking-off points. But that does not mean there are not future lives in earthly terms for you. If all of your lives are looked at like a Ferris wheel, then this is the seat you are in when you get off, though some of the other boxes or seats may be labeled future or past.

In certain terms then, and following a given line of probabilities, in future lives you know the outcome of your work now, and you can also ask for advice from your future selves, who are very actively interested, since their reality is so involved with your own. If it were not for such facts, then again in certain terms these present sessions would not be held.

Whenever you come into {u]difficulties, it is because you are still relying upon Framework 1's authority[/u], in which normal cause and effect operates, in which problems are solved by exaggerating them, and in which magical changes or alterations are considered out of context to normal living. "Magical" changes happen all the time. Your very existence is proof of that, for it is a mystery to Framework 1's understanding. Framework 1 looks to time, and particularly the past, as authority.

Ruburt's condition can change overnight, in literally dazzling improvements, if only the "authority" of Framework 1 is forgotten—as it is so often in your creative lives.

--- TPS4 August 28. 1978"

======
EDIT: This seems an important quote!
Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

Sena

Quote from: inavalan on December 15, 2022, 03:06:28 AMI actually had a past-life regression that was simultaneous with my current incarnation, shifted about 10 years, in the same geographical location, but as a woman. Surely, that might've been a distortion, but I believe it is possible.
@inavalan Thanks for sharing that experience.
Like Like x 1 View List