Einstein and imagination

Started by chasman, September 11, 2023, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chasman

I so wonder what Einstein would have thought about Seth.
hey, now there's a thought experiment for you.
Seth mentioned him 20 times according to the second link I'm posting, Finding Seth (Nowdictation) website search results.

the article is, to me, heavy reading (and I've been reading about this stuff for a long time) so if you're not really into the minutiae of this and that, maybe just skim through and don't miss the conversation between Einstein and the Saturday Evening Post writer.

it took me quite a while to figure out which sub-forum to post this in, but knew that Inspiration was the one, as soon as I read the description of it.

https://bigthink.com/starts-with-a-bang/einstein-famous-quote-misunderstood/#:~:text=If%20you%27ve%20ever%20seen,people%20completely%20misinterpret%20its%20meaning

https://nowdictation.com/q/einstein/

Like Like x 2 View List

inavalan

"Indeed, it is not intellect, but intuition which advances humanity. Intuition tells man his purpose in this life."
--- Albert Einstein --- p. 103 - Einstein and the Poet (1983)

more Einstein quotes about intuition
Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

Looking at that article author's picture, I recalled my high school years' confidence in what I know, and what I am able of. I never resonated with the kind of persona this picture seems to suggest, but I knew that you can't judge a book by its cover.

Ethan Siegel

Anyway, now, yeeears later, I'm sure that Siegel has no idea what Einstein meant by that quote, or the quote I posted.

Einstein is said to have been interested in Madame Blavatsky's book "The Secret Doctrine".

Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

"True wisdom, true wisdom, true wisdom does not need thought and true wisdom does not need intellect"

—ECS3 ESP Class Session, February 2, 1971
Like Like x 1 View List

inavalan

"I use words because presently they make sense to you but hopefully behind the words that I speak, you sense the inner vitality which has no need for them and hopefully listening to me, you sense, if only dimly, the wisdom of the self within each of you that is triumphant in its own wisdom, its own spontaneous freewheeling wisdom upon which your intellect rests. The fine and terrible weapon of the intellect should, indeed, terrify even the gods, for there it sits atop of your heads so sure of its function and its worth and its permanence, and its knowledge and it judges everything according to those rules which it has itself established"

—ECS3 ESP Class Session, February 2, 1971
Like Like x 1 View List