Expectations form abilities

Started by inavalan, February 20, 2022, 12:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

"It has been said that oftentimes men's expectations are too high for their abilities, but indeed expectations form abilities; and if expectations were higher, so would abilities flourish."
--- TES2 Session 76 August 3, 1964
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

"There is no getting around what I have said. Emotional power behind your expectations powers your expectations into physical reality.

The subconscious, as you call it, represents a tremendous raw power that triggers forth into construction according to the expectations which you form from the emotions. The intellect should help you understand this power plant, so that you can switch your power where it is needed. The intellect should operate like an x-ray, enabling you to see inward."
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

"An expectation of danger will indeed create danger. An expectation of success will create success. This is put very simply and yet there is nothing, in practical terms, more valid, since expectation has behind it the motivating force of the personality, and utilizes on a subconscious level strong abilities and comprehensions.

Expectation is the force, then, that triggers psychic realities into physical construction."
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

inavalan

"If a man wants to change his fate, desire is not enough, but expectation is. Desire may grow into expectation, but alone it is not enough. Expectation is actually the main trigger that switches inner data into the realm of physical construction. Without it, no physical construction results."

inavalan

"Again, expectations are not only vital in the formation of physical constructions, but they also determine what inner data of all available, will be received by the individual; and then the individual interprets the data in terms of the same expectations."
Like Like x 1 View List

inavalan

"This psychological construction takes place in what you call the subconscious. I have earlier explained that no real division exists between consciousness and subconsciousness, both equally being conscious, and both being part of the same consciousness of the whole self.

The subconscious merely is aware of, and operates within, a very valid psychological perspective, with which the so-called conscious self is not familiar. Before physical construction can occur therefore, psychological perception, manipulation and construction of inner data or inner structures must be performed.

These psychological structures and constructions are the basis for material construction, and therefore this inner manipulation of psychological structures is extremely important.

We will take as an example hatred. Hatred does not exist as a basic psychological structure. It is, however, the result of psychological manipulation of fear; and fear is not a basic psychological structure.

Survival is a basic psychological structure. Consciousness survival: construction of this basic psychological structure of consciousness survival must be interpreted, or projected or constructed, in terms of physical survival within your physical field.

Inadequate perception, manipulation, or construction in the psychological structure of consciousness survival leads to the psychological creation of fear and hatred.

The individual then constructs fear and hatred into physical construction, giving fear and hatred definite physical form. The error is in the original inability to perceive the correct inner data, the basic underlying psychological structure of consciousness survival.

This error may become habitual, coloring all other psychological structures, and resulting in unfortunate and dangerous physical constructions.

They are extremely destructive errors, and have many causes. The physical construction is then perceived by the outer senses as threatening and fearful, and influences through the outer senses the inner individual, so that he begins a vicious circle in an attempt to form further, more threatening physical constructions to combat the earlier ones. And the greater the number of such destructive physical constructions, the greater his expectation of further fear."

Sena

Quote from: inavalan on February 20, 2022, 12:48:07 AMAn expectation of danger will indeed create danger.

inavalan, this is relevant to a discussuion we had last year about Covid 19. Those who expected to die of Covid 19 did die. Those who expected to recover did recover.
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Deb

Great quotes. Wow that session 76 is a good one. Both "Expectation is the force..."  "Expectation is actually the main trigger..." are very clear. In order effect a desired outcome, both beliefs and expectations need to be there to support it and yes, the stronger the better.

Beliefs and expectations certainly go hand and hand. Actually now that I'm thinking about it, they are so closely related that they are  just about the same thing. At least as far as creation. I don't see a lot of difference between "I believe I'll fail" vs "I expect to fail" except that maybe someone is not aware of the belief that is fueling the expectation.

Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 2 View List