Visualizing with music?

Started by Blue, March 11, 2016, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue

Has Seth ever said anything about how music affects vibration in general? I know that the purpose of visualizing any desire you have is so you can feel the feelings of already having it, therefore matching the vibration of that reality. But I am curious if listening to music, ANY type of music, while doing this would have an effect on what you're putting out. Thoughts?

BethAnne

Blue

BethAnne

And this takes you somewhere else...

Deb

Quote from: Blue on March 11, 2016, 05:52:51 PM
Has Seth ever said anything about how music affects vibration in general?

That's a great question, I hope someone who has read a lot of Seth will be able to answer that for you -- possibly @John Sorensen  @voidypaul or (I think) @James. I know Seth did talk about sound and one of his exercises deals with feeling "tones" of the self.

I have some music that is supposed to entrain or balance brain waves in the hemispheres. There's been a lot of research into that for a few decades. Bob Monroe was a Seth follower (he's mentioned in at least one of the books) and founded the Monroe Institute.  They have audio cds with music to achieve various goals, called HemiSync.

And then there's this music from Marconi Union called Weightless. It has binaural beats, has been scientifically proven to slow heart rate and lower blood pressure in it's listeners.

James

Quote from: BethAnne on March 11, 2016, 07:03:14 PMHas Seth ever said anything about how music affects vibration in general?

Seth didn't seem to discuss music directly very much, but he did have this to say in Session 640 for Personal Reality:

SESSION 640, FEBRUARY 14, 1973

It seems that technologies and inventions have done a lot of harm, and so they have. On the other hand technology brings within your reach the great therapy of music; this activates the inner living cells of your body, stimulates the energy of the inner self and helps to unite the conscious mind with the other portions of your being.
Music is an exterior representation, and an excellent one, of the life-giving inner sounds that act therapeutically within your body all the time. (See Chapter Five.) The music is a conscious reminder of those deeper inner rhythms, both of sound and of motion. Listening to music that you like will often bring images into your mind that show you your conscious beliefs in different form.
The natural healing of sound can happen also when you do such a simple thing as listen to the rain.

BethAnne

Saw this guy last summer and he was definitely in touch with the life-giving inner sounds.  I think his name is Richard Lee from Texas.
http://www.4cornerstv.com/show/the-scene/animas-river-blues-and-brews

I was sitting behind the photographer.  This guy was great!

LenKop

Nada Brahma - The World is Sound

I read this book many moons ago and liked it. I can't remember much, and don't have a copy, as I borrowed it off an old friend. But it might be something that interests those into music and sound.

Taking a career in music, I found my passion really grew for music because of its intangibility. How does something that I can't grasp affect me so? It's very mysterious. :)

I have learned that tempo plays a big part on the influence of any music on us. I know there were studies in concentration, with Johan Sebastian Bach's music apparently having a great effect on focus, particularly at around 56bpm.

LK

Blue

Thank you for the replies! So, it seems that adding music would have a positive effect on the vibration you're putting out while visualizing.

John Sorensen

Quote from: Blue on March 11, 2016, 05:52:51 PM

Has Seth ever said anything about how music affects vibration in general? I know that the purpose of visualizing any desire you have is so you can feel the feelings of already having it, therefore matching the vibration of that reality. But I am curious if listening to music, ANY type of music, while doing this would have an effect on what you're putting out. Thoughts?

My experience is that listening to music you enjoy, that you feel good while you listen to it can put you in quote a euphoric / playful state.

I tend to use music for different purposes. I want feel good / rock out music when I'm driving. I tend to listen to house / trance / electro and movie soundtracks (original score, usually no lyrics) while writing as the non-stop music is like a river or current of movement and rhythm. Some of my best writing flowed easiest when listening to a good album from start to finish.

In ancient Egypt Seth (and other cultures/places) talked about the use of sound vibration in the construction of monolithic structures. I don't know whether this means giant impossibly heavy objects were actually moved with sound vibration, (several sources suggest so) or whether they were "imagined" into existence using the collective harmony of sound focused on the materialization from Framework 2 to Framework 1.

I've experimented with a heap of different mantras over the years, the kind you find in Hinduism / Indian texts and religions, and Tibetan Buddhism. First said out loud, then said silently, then felt as an energetic pattern with not thought or sound that takes you into a meditative state.

Despite the claims made in various sources, I've felt no difference from one mantra to another, which goes against the "sacredness" supposedly associated with particular mantras.

It's said that some mantras such as "om / aum" are sacred seed syllable sounds, and in Vedic terms "om" is the sound of creation -
"In Hinduism, Om is one of the most important spiritual symbols. It refers to Atman (soul, self within) and (ultimate reality, entirety of the universe, truth, divine, supreme spirit, cosmic principles, knowledge)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om

Supposedly ancient Rishis / Sages mediated and heard sounds such as "om" as internal sounds, and then later came the written version and the advice to chant the sound out loud for un-realized people to get back to that seed sound, that internal sound heard not with physical ears, but felt with the body and heard with the internal senses.

I have not done any kind of chant in ages, supposedly there are health benefits associated with the practice too, but I personally think you can chant whatever you like, and it's not so much the sound, as the intention you hold that has more of an effect on your body / consciousness.
After all, words are symbols, the inner reality is where the "magic" happens so to speak.

Some people go to the gym and work out to classic rock, some to death metal, others no doubt to country music.
I find the idea of doing workouts to death metal abhorrent, but for some people they enjoy it, whatever gets people in the mood/feeling they want is what works.

A lot of the old decomposing composers composed music to a well... .in a more intelligent way than music today. A more multidimensional way.

For one thing much of the "baroque" music of old will naturally take you into alpha brain wave state and even into theta, without any effort at all on your part due to the slow rhythm.
The same principle applies in Yoga, you can use your body to influence your mind, or use your mind to influence you body. You can flow from one state to another. Walking very slowly, or in Yoga, doing Asana very slowly in sequence and with total focus will naturally slow down your brain waves and take you in to certain states rather effortlessly.

EDIT: I've used binaural beats quote a lot in recent years and am familiar with the technology and some of the various companies who have products on the market. I feel binaural beats are most useful to help people who have never meditated become familiar with Beat / Alpha / Theta / Delta brain waves without the steep learning curve associated with years of meditation practice.

I don't think binaural beats are a good substitute for regular daily meditation, despite what some of the marketers claim. I feel that binaural beats are a good compliment to regular meditation, and they are also useful on their own for more specific purposes.

I do think there tends to be a lot of misunderstanding and lack of awareness around what binaural beats (and irochronic tones and other audio technology) are useful for, and I think the companies that make and market these products are partly responsible for this disinformation due to the often wild and exotic claims made in marketing and advertising designed to sell these products who have no  clue about the technology etc.

Deb

I'm so glad you brought these two things up!

Quote from: John Sorensen on March 12, 2016, 07:18:42 PMIt's said that some mantras such as "om / aum" are sacred seed syllable sounds,

"The sound of your inner thoughts is the medium that you actually use. This is far more than an analogy, however, for in simple terms it explains quite clearly the way in which your beliefs form your reality. In quiet moments the word "O-O-O-O-O-M-M-M-M-M" said slowly, mentally or aloud, will be of benefit in toning up your general physical condition. The sounds contain within them a built-in impetus toward energy and well-being, as I will explain shortly."
[end of session 624, NOPR, goes on in session 625 talking about the body reacting to interior sounds more so than physical sound]

Quote from: John Sorensen on March 12, 2016, 07:18:42 PMIn ancient Egypt Seth (and other cultures/places) talked about the use of sound vibration in the construction of monolithic structures.

Maybe visit these two short but related topics:

https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=53.msg412#msg412

and

https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=171.msg875#msg875

John Sorensen

That's it. Thank Deb. I remember patterns of information, rather than direct quotes and that sort of thing.
I was semi-dreaming this morning about the Seth material on ancient egypt, a culture I know nothing about and am hesitant  to make sweeping statements about.

BethAnne

Just think what a powerful music meditation this was/is.  Santana starts at 4 min in.

Deb

Quote from: BethAnne on March 14, 2016, 04:31:33 PMSantana

Ahhhh, music. I often "see" music. I have no musical talent.
But I love it like you can't believe.
I find it interesting that Woodstock occurred and has never truly been repeated.
A lot of amazing music came from Yasgur's Farm.
It made history that has not been repeated as far as I can tell.
And Carlos Santana? Black magic. White magic. Magic. Period.

BethAnne

A Native American explained powwows to me.  The community is conscious of being on the "Same Page" which holds the culture together.  The face paint explains the spiritual focus of the dancer...each color means something and where it is on the face.  On the forehead the person seeks visions...eyes see visions...mouth explains visions.

BethAnne

???
Highwater has since been discredited as a Fake Indian, but I still feel there is some Truth to this.
From my blog...

"Why We Powwow"
In his book, The Primal Mind, author Jamake Highwater states, "Dance is the inclination of primal peoples to idealize action as a magical force. They believe that dance can shape the circumstances of nature if it can focus its contagious powers on animals and supernaturals. Through their dances they touch unknown and unseen elements which they sense in the world around them."
In other words, serious dance is prayer that can open a doorway to a connection with the total universe. A way to find that "inner being" who recognizes and appreciates the spiritual essence of interdependence and gratefully ask Creator for recognition of the needs of his or her people in return.

BethAnne

Kay Gardner   in her excellent book, Sounding the Inner Landscape:
Personally, I feel that the tritone, when sung at length as harmony by a group of meditators, will take  singers and listeners to a place where they will be in touch with    Divinity. Perhaps this is a reason why it was so threatening in  ages past (p. 117)."

Musicians and historians alike reference various names for the tritone: Nicknames: the devil's interval, the chord of evil, or "diabolus in musica," which is latin for "devil in music" Technical Names: Tritonus, the flatted fifth, the augmented fourth, diminished fifth, semidiapente, or semitritonus.

If you've ever studied any music theory or are just given to reading about music, you've probably heard of the tritone — it's an interval that's three whole tones apart, and its dissonance means that it sounds sinister as hell. Some time in the 18th century, possibly earlier, it was dubbed diabolus in musica (the devil in music), and its use has historically been frowned upon in liturgical music, which generally relies on unison and harmony. (This, perhaps, gives rise to the oft-repeated story that the tritone was banned by the Catholic Church.) All this, of course, means that using it in your songs carries a certain inherent badassness — something exploited by the musicians who populate this list.
http://flavorwire.com/467540/the-devils-music-10-songs-based-around-the-tritone-interval

Any musicians out there?
:)

BethAnne

I think these guys must have used music as a meditation.  I've heard this song a million times but can't remember this video~ ;D

BethAnne

An excellent source of meditation music is being done by Tom Kenyon.  Because he is very protective of his work and gets pissed if you pass it on all I'm going to do is list his website.  I still don't know how I feel about his information, but the music feels extremely powerful.
http://tomkenyon.com/destabilization

BethAnne

Music for working with Time Loops

BethAnne

BethAnne

BethAnne

sethspeaks

THE WAY TOWARD HEALTH:
— natural mode of operation. Your entire civilization is built around that kind of inner framework. The way of thinking becomes so automatic as to be mentally invisible. With creative people, however, there are always intrusions, hints or clues from ways of thinking that certainly appear foreign, and creative people use those hints and clues to construct an art, a musical composition or whatever. They sense a surge of power beneath.
These beliefs are centered around artists, writers, poets, musicians, actors and actresses, or others who seem unusually gifted in the arts or in various other methods of self-expression. The beliefs lead to the most dire legends, in which the gifted person always pays in one way or another for the valued gifts of self-expression — through disaster, misfortune, or death.
(Long pause at 3:35.) It is not too frequently noticed, but many so-called mentally deficient people possess their own unique learning abilities — that is, often they learn what they do learn in a different manner than most other people. Many possess abilities that are not discovered by others, that are most difficult to explain. They may utilize chemicals in a different way than other people do in the learning process itself. Some may even have superior understanding of physical and psychological space. Their qualifications emotionally are also quite advanced, and it is quite terms of mathematics and music, though these gifts may never come to fruition, since they are unsuspected.

THE MAGICAL  APPROACH:
(Long pause.) Now: The species has multitudinous abilities, each necessary, each adding to the entire fulfillment and attributes of your people. Some individuals choose to specialize, following specific lines of abilities throughout many existences — accommodating these, however, to the times in which they are born. Both of you have been speakers in that regard. The meth-ods may change. You may "speak" through art or music, through trance activities, but you will specialize in the use of the inner senses, and in translating the inner knowledge of the species, bringing it to whatever level of ordinary consciousness that is considered the official one.

DREAMS EVOL... VOL2
(Long pause at 9:28.) There are phases of relatedness, rhythms and harmonies of consciousness from whose infinite swells the molecular "music" of your universe is sounded. Your place in those rhythms is highly vital. (Long pause.) You exist in a kind of original interval—though, if you can, think of the word "interval" without the connotations of continuing time. It is as if an infinite number of orchestras were playing simultaneously (long pause), and each note sounded was also played in all of its prob¬able positions with each other note possible, and in combination with all of the probable versions of the entire piece being played.
Memory was so perfected that men at one time were indeed living histories, and carried within their minds their genealogies and backgrounds and the knowledge of their peoples, which were then passed on to their children. It is true that reading and writing have certain advantages over such procedures, but it is also true that knowledge possessed in that old fashion became a part of a man, and a society, in a much more personal, meaning-ful manner. It was, of course, a different kind of knowing. At its best it did not lead to rote renditions of remembered material, but to dramatic renderings of it through music, poetry, dancing. In other words, its rendition was accompanied by creative physical expression. It is true that, practically speaking, a man's mind, or a woman's, could not hold all of the information available now in your world—but much of that information does not deal with basic knowledge about the a kind of secondary information—interesting, but not life-giving.
(10:28.) This purpose or meaning does not exist apart from your own existence, however. You are a part of life's meaning and purpose—but those purposes, "coming from" (long pause), coming from the source of your own being, are too great to be expressed or described within the structure of your personhood as you understand it. Such understanding is often experienced or sensed, however, sometimes as you are listening to music or when you are deeply stirred by emotion, and when you do not place a great distance between it and yourself.

DREAMS EVOL... VOL1

(All with a rolling intensity:) I must of necessity tell this story in serial terms, but the world and all of its creatures actually come together like some spontaneously composed, ever-playing musical composition in which the notes themselves are alive and play themselves, so that the musicians and the notes are one and the same, the purpose and the performance being one, with each note played continuing to strike all of its own probable versions, forming all of its own probable compositions while at the same time taking part in all of the themes, melodies, and notes of the other compositions—so that each note, striking, defines itself, and yet also exists by virtue of its position in the composition as a whole.
In a way, your world follows its own theme in creativity's com-position. You want to know where you came into the musical production, so to speak. (Pause.) I use a musical analogy here, if a simple one, to point out that we are also dealing with frequencies of perception. You are tuned into earth's orchestration [you might say], and your perception of time is simply the result of habits—habits of perception that you had to learn in the beginning of the world. And you learned those habits as your physical senses gradually became more alert and specific.
A person of great intelligence may be born from a family of idiots, for example, because of that reincarnational structure. Musical ability may thus appear complete—
—with great technical facility, regardless of family back¬ground, genetically speaking, and again, the reincarnational bank of characteristics accounts for such events. That inner rein-carnational psychic structure is also responsible for triggering certain genetic messages while ignoring others, or for triggering certain combinations of genetic messages. In actuality, of course —say that I smiled—all time is simultaneous, and so all reincar-national lives occur at once.
Others have been able, while performing various tasks, to keep a precise count of the moments from any given point in time. There have been children, again, with highly accomplished musical abilities, and great facility with music's technical aspects— all such accomplishments before the assistance of any kind of advanced education.
Now, some of those children went on to become great musicians, while others lost their abilities along the way, so what are we dealing with in such cases? We are dealing with direct knowing. We are dealing with the natural perceptions of the psyche, at least when we are speaking in human terms. We are dealing with natural, direct cognition as it exists before and after (pause) man's experience with the reasoning mind.

BethAnne

Sena

Quote from: sethspeaksI must of necessity tell this story in serial terms, but the world and all of its creatures actually come together like some spontaneously composed, ever-playing musical composition in which the notes themselves are alive and play themselves, so that the musicians and the notes are one and the same, the purpose and the performance being one, with each note played continuing to strike all of its own probable versions, forming all of its own probable compositions while at the same time taking part in all of the themes, melodies, and notes of the other compositions—so that each note, striking, defines itself, and yet also exists by virtue of its position in the composition as a whole.

Played by Alexander Djordjevic.

BethAnne

Dandelion

Mixed feelings about that Beethoven. It's pretty dark.  If I wanted to release feelings by listening to dark music I prefer Shostakovich's String Quartet No. 8, especially the version played by the Borodin Quartet.  The first time I heard it played (live, not by the Borodin Quartet), I could feel it drawing dark feelings out of me, allowing them to be harmlessly dispersed.  But it's definitely not something I would want to listen to very often.

On a completely different note, here are some songs by trees.    :o

http://traubeck.bandcamp.com/album/years

BethAnne

What is the story about the trees? 

Dandelion

Apparently, it's made from tree slabs and a specially modified record player interprets the tree rings on the slab of wood.  There's a bit more of an explanation at http://traubeck.com/years/

Lots of soothing/relaxing music and sounds actually seems to grate on my nerves, so I usually have to go hunting for specific music I like and can listen to repeatedly.  Here's one I really like, although I haven't listened to it that many times so I don't know how it would hold up.

BethAnne

I LOVED that!! 
Very  powerful!  One of these channelers, I think Bashar, said that THAT drum has the highest vibration....and you know that the digerdoo must have some good mojo!   ;D
What a great way to start the day!

BethAnne

Just imagine the MoJo in this car!   ;D

BethAnne

I didn't realize how trippy this video was until it was over.  Part of the brain is mesmerized  by the repeatative music and the other is trying to follow this man's abstract vision.  Then the voice doesn't match the person.

BethAnne

"I'm Here To Take You Out Of Time"