"Seth extracts on Time"

Started by Sena, July 07, 2017, 11:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

I feel this is a useful compilation of Seth quotes (54 pages), some of them from the early sessions:

http://www.alsworldview.com/manifestation/Welcome_files/Seth%20Extracts%20on%20Time.pdf

The website itself is interesting, on Seth and related topics:

http://www.alsworldview.com/Concepts/Welcome.html

Deb

Sena you always find the most interesting web sites and information. Your post is worthy of its own topic. If you can't split that yourself (I can't remember if that's a member permission), then I'll do it for you if you'd like.

Time is a topic to which I could devote more time and attention, it's one of the trickier things Seth talks about.

Sena

Deb, it must be late evening where you are (if time is real!). I don't feel confident about splitting off a topic, so I would be grateful if you would do that.

Deb

Topic split! Yes, it was late for me. Time may not be real, but I was certainly tired. :)

Michael Sternbach

I happened to think about this topic just last night, before coming back to this forum and finding this thread!

It had occurred to me that time is a two-way street: Events "radiate" in both directions and cause other events, in the future, but also in the past.

Of course, we tend to think that only past events cause future events, and don't usually consider that the reverse might be true as well. So we are missing half of the actual story.

The ancient Greeks had a better understanding of this: Aristotle distinguishes four different kinds of causes, one of them (the "final cause" ) being in the future - the goal or purpose of a development acting backwards through time, bringing about what it needs to come into existence!

I had a metaphorical vision of an event as a "particle" that radiate towards numerous other events ("particles") both in the future (whose creation it contributes to) as well as in the past (which come together to "cause" the event we started from). Not unlike the pearls in Indra's famous net: Each of them reflects all the others.

This may be a good way to approach Seth's concept that actually everything happens at once. (Not that we could fully understand this, the way we are hardwired.)

Sena

Quote from: Michael Sternbach
It had occurred to me that time is a two-way street:
I bought a book a number of years ago entitled "The Arrow of Time" by Peter Coveney. What this says is that the idea that time always goes from the past into the future causes major problems for physics, but rather than tackle the problem head on, most physicists fudge the issue.

Some quotes from that book:

"The 'arrow of time is illusory' argument sets in train a devastating chain of logic."

"Feynman even went so far as to propose that there is only one electron in the entire universe, moving backwards and forwards in time on an elaborate trajectory so that at any instant we merely think that we see a vast number of separate electrons."