No compulsory reincarnation in Seth

Started by Sena, November 21, 2017, 10:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

There is a very wide gap between Seth's teaching on reincarnation and the Buddhist doctrine of rebirth. This is Wikipedia on the Buddhist doctrine:

"Rebirth in Buddhism refers to its teaching that the actions of a person lead to a new existence after death, in endless cycles called saṃsāra.This cycle is considered to be dukkha, unsatisfactory and painful. The cycle stops only if liberation is achieved by insight and the extinguishing of desire. Rebirth is one of the foundational doctrines of Buddhism, along with Karma, nirvana and moksha."

From <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebirth_(Buddhism)>

The significant thing about the Buddhist doctrine is that rebirth is compulsory until one finally succeeds in "extinguishing desire", whatever that means. Where Seth is concerned, desire is a good thing and it would be folly to try and extinguish it:

"In the inner world, your desires bring about their own fulfillment, effortlessly. That inner world, and the exterior one, intersect and interweave. They only appear separate. (Pause.) In the physical world, time may have to elapse, or whatever. Conditions may have to change, or whatever, but the desire will bring about the proper results. The feeling of effortlessness is what is important."
—The Magical Approach Session Four: August 18, 1980

In Seth's teaching, reincarnation is a choice made by the Inner Self and there is no compulsion:

"You may decide upon another reincarnation. You may decide to focus instead upon your past life, using it as the stuff of new experience, as mentioned previously creating variations of events as you have known them, making corrections as you choose. Or you may enter another system of probability entirely; and this is quite apart from a reincarnational existence."
—Seth Speaks Chapter 11: Session 540, July 6, 1970

• "When most people think of reincarnation, they think in terms of a one-line progression in which the soul perfects itself in each succeeding life. This is a gross simplification. There are endless varieties of this one theme, individual variations. The process of reincarnation is used in many ways, therefore, and in this time of rest individuals must decide on the unique way in which reincarnation will be of use."

• "The relationships for the next life have to be settled upon, and this involves telepathic communication with all those who will be involved."

—Seth Speaks Chapter 11: Session 541, July 13, 1970

• "First of all you must understand, again, that now you do not realize your true identity. You identify instead with your present ego, so when you think in terms of life after death you really mean a future life of the ego that you know. At the end of the reincarnational cycle you understand quite thoroughly that you, the basic identity, the inner core of your being, is more than the sum of your reincarnational personalities."

• "There are also those who choose to be healers, and of course this involves far more than healing as you are familiar with it. These healers must be able to work with all levels of the entity's experience, directly helping those personalities that are a part of it. Again, this involves a manipulation through reincarnational patterns, and here again, great diversification. A healer begins with reincarnational selves with various difficulties...."

"The healing involved is always psychic and spiritual, and these healers are available to help each personality in your system as you know it, in your present time, and in other systems. In a larger context and with greater training, advanced healers deal with the spiritual maladies of vast numbers of personalities."

—Seth Speaks Chapter 11: Session 547, August 24, 1970

transient amnesia

Sena

Quote from: transient amnesia
The Bhagavad Gita
TA, it may well be that the ancient Hindu texts were closer to the truth than the dominant variety of Buddhism. There are of course other strains of Buddhism such as Zen. Thanks for the pictures.

"Zen Buddhism accepts Karma and Samsara or rebirth but does not care too much about the afterlife, as what matters is the present moment, here and now."

http://www.zen-buddhism.net/faq/zen-faq.html

QuoteI was thinking about telepathy tonight, if everyone was telepathic, wondering if it was noisy?

I have had very few experiences of telepathy. In one instance the person really wanted to communicate with me. She phoned me at night while I was asleep. As I woke I recalled a dream which included the thought "Saint Brendan". When I answered the phone, it was Bernadette. Note that all the letters in "Brendan" are in "Bernadette". In case you are wondering, I had NOT been thinking of Bernadette when I went to bed.

Telepathy would be noisy if it was the same as "thought broadcasting". I don't think it is. The intention and/or the desire to communicate needs to be there.

Deb

Quote from: Sena
These healers must be able to work with all levels of the entity's experience, directly helping those personalities that are a part of it.

I find that a very interesting statement, something I'd not considered before. Sort of like trying to be a therapist to someone with multiple personality disorder?

Yes, big gap between Buddhist doctrine (definitely feels like religion) compared with Seth's teachings (never feels like religion). I love Seth.

It's really a fascinating subject, I'm glad you brought this up in this way. Reincarnation has been talked about at various times on this forum, but this really gets to the heart of it. The thing about desire — how is any type of growth possible without desire? Desire is impetus for growth.

"When most people think of reincarnation, they think in terms of a one-line progression in which the soul perfects itself in each succeeding life. This is a gross simplification."  — That is the Buddhism version of reincarnation.

"The process of reincarnation is used in many ways, therefore, and in this time of rest individuals must decide on the unique way in which reincarnation will be of use."  Fascinating. Our incarnations are carefully thought out and planned, including cooperation with other souls, and there are many options to consider beyond returning to this planet in human form. The Buddhism version involves being locked in linear time, we are simply cast into a new lifetime in situations that are consequences based on actions in the previous lifetime (karma).

This made me want to read Seth Speaks again.

As far as telepathy, I experience it quite often, see examples of it daily. I don't mean I'm always consciously aware of receiving messages from others, but even more so, messages others receive from me. Most of the time I don't even mention it. I always felt I was a better broadcaster than receiver, lol. I see too many coincidences on a daily basis for them to be simple coincidences. I don't think it's 'noisy' inside because of telepathy, I think our inner selves are well equipped to handle that and we can choose which frequency out of many we want to focus on at any given time. What gets noisy for me are my thoughts. Constant chatter.

Note: The link to the zen faqs actually cleared up some of the things for me:

"Around five centuries after the Buddha passed away, Buddhism traveled to various Asian countries where it got transformed into a dogmatic religion with rituals and ceremony, departing from its true origins. Zen stayed true to the original teaching of the Buddha which lays emphasis on Zazen, and not on rituals and theoretical concepts."

And on desire:

"Desires, like sexuality, are an integral part of human nature, we could not live without desires. People without ambition, desire, aspiration or goals are like wandering ghosts. The Buddha never said we must suppress or eradicate desires, but stated that we must suppress attachment to desires. Desires and ambition should not become a prison, and we should not become its slave."

transient amnesia

Deb

Quote from: transient amnesia
I did things alot differently with my daughters birth and still got 'nicked' on a few counts.

Good on you for your courage! One of my neighbors delivered her last 3 kids at home. I've only watched the 10 minute trailer at this point, but want to watch The Dark Agenda one when I get more time. It occurred to me at one point in my adult life that pregnancy is treated as a disease in our culture requiring constant monitoring and assistance from the medical professions. Jim Gaffigan makes a joke about women giving birth in a hospital gown someone just died in yesterday in "that germ-infested building where sick people congregate." I can only imagine where the Agenda video is going to take me. Humans can't even let animals reproduce without our constant meddling.

Quote from: seth
The healing involved is always psychic and spiritual,

We really need more of these healers that Seth talks about. Healers that work on many levels and will teach their 'patients' how to heal themselves.

https://youtu.be/GEbZrY0G9PI

transient amnesia