You create your life: your experience is different from your family and friends

Started by Marianna, March 07, 2019, 11:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marianna

It is not something I did following advice, but something I noticed. Especially in restaurants (but also – in regular daily events).
So, let's go first to a bright a restaurant picture. Not every time, but often, when my husband and I go out to a restaurant, our experience is very different.

For example, in a place we decide to check out in NJ, I get a tasty creamy soup, while my husband, a meat guy, gets pasta and ground meat. He dislikes the meat in tomato sauce so much that he is forced to leave it.
In another place, a posh steak house in Jersey City, NJ, my husband's stake is charred and tough, while the crab cakes I ordered are in the top three of my whole crab cake-eating experience. The creamed spinach I order to share is also one of the best.
It is not like I am sitting on a high horse with the wonderful philosophy of you create your life. It is just that I look and notice. And this happened several times. So, I was curious.

These both examples look like a symbolic picture of our whole life. My husband is more of the idea that life is difficult, you need to work hard to earn a lot and get ahead... So, his life gives him what he expects.
Not surprisingly, our vacations are always great. They give my husband a break, so to say. He seems to live at home his life philosophy. Only sometimes he (and I) get an unpleasant surprise, like a knee deep ocean on our hotel beach or a dish that is not quite to our taste.

Though vacation is no magic time. It is like any other. When I bring my limiting beliefs with me, I get experience to match it.
I will give you a couple of examples. When I go away on vacation with a belief that "it is difficult/impossible to get 'me time' when we travel together", I get the experience to correspond it.  Two short walks alone – during our trip to Europe in 2012. No vacation walks alone for the next three years. More 'me time' during a short trip to my parents in 2016, but only because I went alone. Over the last two years I either insist on having a balcony or have it as a surprise.  This gives me an easy way out.
You can see that I am not yet at the stage when I can manage solitary walks during a vacation together, but I am getting there, you can be sure. Yet it requires the difficult work of saying "no" on my side.

This is meant as an inspiration for others. To show that 'you create your life' philosophy works. Seth never gets tired of repeating it. Neither do I. Until I am soaked through with the idea and have created unique magic feats - impossible without it.

Marianna

Sena

Quote from: Marianna
To show that 'you create your life' philosophy works. Seth never gets tired of repeating it. Neither do I. Until I am soaked through with the idea and have created unique magic feats - impossible without it.
Thanks, Marianna, for sharing this.

Marianna

It's always such a pleasure, Sena, to see Seth philosophy getting us results in everyday life :)

jbseth

Hi Marianna,

It's really neat to see how, "You create your reality", actually does work and shows up in people's lives.

Thanks for sharing your stories.  :)

jbseth

Deb

Quote from: Marianna
This is meant as an inspiration for others. To show that 'you create your life' philosophy works. Seth never gets tired of repeating it. Neither do I. Until I am soaked through with the idea and have created unique magic feats - impossible without it.

Great thoughts/stories Marianna, thanks for sharing. I often get caught up in the "reality" (official line of consciousness) during my days, but do make an effort to step back and observe when things go right or wrong and consider what I've done to create that outcome. It's usually my attitude that needs adjusting and it's amazing how sometimes a difficult situation dissolves when I change the way I think. My thoughts, expectations. Such as going from "this is really hard, I'm never going to be done with this" to "this seems like an impossible challenge now but I will find a solution, because I always do." Usually when I flick that switch solutions suddenly come to me from out of no where (my inner self, of course), as if my negative thoughts were blocking ideas from coming through.

You of course got this message from the Universe the other day -- it was a clever reminder of what I was trying to explain above about flipping how I view a challenge:

Think of every single thing that you "have to" do to get through a day, Deb, as things you "get to" do, before "your turn" is over.

Everything's a gift,
   The Universe

Marianna

Quote from: Deb
It's usually my attitude that needs adjusting and it's amazing how sometimes a difficult situation dissolves when I change the way I think. My thoughts, expectations.
Yes, exactly! But it is new ability that needs developing :) So, we are learning :)

Deb

Here's another one about doing a 180 on attitude, worth keeping so I'm adding it here and may just print and frame it to keep on my desk: 

OK, Deb, go ahead and think of the one "thing" that still bugs you. You know, that one issue, challenge, or person who... arghhh, if only the load of it would lighten.

Come on, now. This won't work if you don't think of something.

Then repeat after me: "This is better than winning the lottery! What a gift! Because as I use it to understand why it affects me as it does, even though I remain literally cloaked in miracles, powerful beyond measure, and utterly free in this very moment to think and feel and manifest without limit, such new insights, perhaps more than any others I've gleaned from my entire life, will make me happier, healthier, and wealthier than I even knew I could hope to be. All because of this gift! Hallelujah! Lucky me! I'll miss it when it's gone... sort of."

You really will -
   The Universe

PS
Deb, "as I use it" should not be confused with "as I endure it, suffer it, or accept it." Huge difference.

Marianna