Sue Watkins on when Jane gave clear advice on "how to create your own reality"

Started by Sena, May 12, 2019, 07:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

Although the Seth sessions began in 1964, according to Sue Watkins the teaching on exactly how to create your own reality was not clearly given until 8 years later, in 1972:

"......"you create your own reality" was a class catchphrase, used for many years without much practical understanding, as a sort of Band-Aid for misery. "Oh, well," somebody would sigh after describing a grim experience, "I guess I created my own reality, didn't I?" And while Jane or Seth or class might deduce the why of an experience, the how of creating your own reality was largely unseen and unaddressed. But in September of 1972, Band-Aid application was ripped away, exposing the underlying structure of circumstance: beliefs."

"Jane looked up from her reading. "It's all right here, people," she said. "This means that whatever it is—Sue, if you think you're too fat; or somebody else, if they think they're too easily hurt, or that the world stinks, or that you're doing a great job as a mother, or whatever it is—your personal beliefs reflect outward and make that experience." "Anything you experience?" someone asked. "But it can't mean everything, because there are certain facts that you can't—" "According to this," Jane interrupted, in that light, quick voice that so often presaged new material, "anything that you see as a 'fact' is an invisible belief!" She grinned. "An invisible belief, folks!" Jane quoted from the manuscript: "'You take your beliefs about reality as truth, and often do not question them. They seem self-explanatory. They appear in your mind as statements of fact, far too obvious for examination...They are not recognized as belief about reality, but are instead considered characteristics of reality itself.'" (from "Conversations With Seth: Book One: 25th Anniverary Edition (Deluxe Ed)" by Susan M. Watkins, George Rhoads, Jane Roberts)

From the Kindle edition: http://amzn.eu/1ANamJu

jbseth

Hi Sena, Hi All,

Thanks for your post. What an interesting point.

As bazaar as this may seem to us, as we here in the Speaking of Seth forum converse with each other about Seth's ideas in the year 2019, I'd have to say that what Sue says here was probably true.

I found the paragraphs that you, quote from Susan Watkins book, "Conversations with Seth" book, and these come from paragraphs 6, 7 and 11, in Chapter 5, which is titled Belief Box.  In paragraph 10 of this same chapter, Sue wrote. "One Tuesday night, Jane returned from class break with a portion of the Personal Reality manuscript, which she began reading to us in a quiet, steady voice - intense excitement humming just beneath her words."  I think that this was a key point here, as Seth really didn't go into how we create our reality until he talked about this, at length, in "The Nature of Personal Reality".

Yes, there were some hints about this reality creation topic, that were given earlier. The "The Universe as Idea Construction" material was indirectly one hint. Another was in TES2, Session 66, where Seth describes how each person, Rob, Mark, and Jane creates their own unique glass from their own perspective, in their own reality. However, it really wasn't until Seth gave Rob and Jane the material in the "The Nature of Personal Reality", that he really explained how we create our reality.

We often forget, that most of Seth concepts were not all initially introduced at the exact same time. For example, while Seth started talking to Rob and Jane in late 1963 / early 1964 time frame, according to what Jane wrote in the Seth Material, Seth didn't really start talking about "probable realities" until 1968, when he started to talk about Dr. Pietra. Along with this, it wasn't until April of 1968 (TES6, Session 406) that we first learn of the existence of a Seth II.

Furthermore, while Seth talks about EE units in TES9, and "Coordination Points" in Seth Speaks, he didn't introduce the concept of "CU units" or "conscious units" until "The Unknown Reality, Book 1.   Similarly he didn't introduce the concept of "Framework 1 and 2" until around the time that Jane channeling, "The Nature of Mass Events".

This all seems rather strange as we talk about these concepts today, but most of these ideas were first introduced, at very different times.

-jbseth

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
This all seems rather strange as we talk about these concepts today, but most of these ideas were first introduced, at very different times.

jbseth, I am glad you found the post useful. Related to the topic of creating your own reality is the idea that physical reality is camouflage reality. I will need to look more closely at the Sue Watkins book to see whether she really understood this. That idea was in fact introduced very early in Session 19, 1964:

"The basic rules of the universe as I have said appear differently on different planes. The camouflage is necessary at this stage of development, intricate, complicated, various and beyond understanding of the outer senses which are the perceptors of camouflage itself, peculiarly adapted to see under particular circumstances. You cannot use camouflage to see through camouflage. There are basis rules in the universe. The inner senses use these rules consistently and well."
—The Early Sessions Book 1 Session 19 January 27, 1964

Deb

Nice! It's hard for me to remember much from Conversations, it's been so long and I've jumped around the books so much.

What I would love, and maybe when I retire I'll start working on this myself, is a compilation of every session in date order from day one until the end. It would require my getting everything on Kindle and using Mary Dillman's List of Seth Sessions as a guide.

Seth talked about a lot of things here and there, spread out in the various books. There were concepts he was talking early on about in The Early Class Sessions, The Early Sessions, the Deleted Sessions, that we didn't know about until those books were published much later. There are still unpublished sessions being found. I'm not sure if the material in the Seth Audio are published anywhere. And I've found quotes that appear in, say, in Conversations that are no where else. Or appeared in the Black Sheep magazine. What I'm getting at is it's hard to know when certain concepts were introduced as far as a dateline goes, since we've been sort of hand-fed the Seth material by the published books.

I'm working on a website right now for someone who says he has some original Jane transcripts or something that he wants to gift to me. I can't imagine what he has, I'll find out in a couple of weeks. But even that could be new information that's not been published! I can only hope.

Sena

Sue Watkins' book and the books of Lynda Madden Dahl complement each other. Whereas Sue was actually present at the sessions, she was not "analytical". Lynda provides a good analytical synthesis of the Seth teachings.

jbseth

Hi Sena,

I think that in many ways, Susan Watkins was very similar to Jane. Sue, also seemed to be very intuitive, psychic and creative.

Many years ago, I read her book, "Dreaming Myself, Dreaming a Town" (see link below) and found it to be, in many ways, very similar to what I think Jane would have written and said.

I often wonder if Sue wasn't perhaps a probable Jane.

https://www.amazon.com/Dreaming-Myself-Town-Field-Dreams-ebook/dp/B072QD41W9/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dreaming+myself+dreaming+a+town&qid=1557926673&s=gateway&sr=8-1

-jbseth

Sena

Many years ago, I read her book, "Dreaming Myself, Dreaming a Town"
jbseth, that does sound like an interesting book.

Deb

I often wonder if Sue wasn't perhaps a probable Jane.

Oh wow, I found that profound. AND I just ordered used copies of both of the Sue Watkins books you mentioned. SOME day I'll end up with an author-signed book, lol. Despite some critical reviews, they both sound interesting. For some reason the Dreaming book reminded me of reading articles about how many people had precognitive dreams about 9-11.