"Enlightenment???"

Started by jbseth, January 24, 2021, 10:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

I came across the follow 4 paragraphs in UR1, yesterday.  As I thought about what Seth actually says here, I think that this just might be one of the most important things that Seth ever shared with us. 

The fact that we, as a human race, don't seem to "get" this, probably explains why we, as a human race, don't seem to spiritually evolve very fast.  In one of his books, "Seth Speaks", I think, Seth tells us that this reality is just like a big play. Some of us keep returning to the play due to the reincarnation cycles that we signed up for. Others however, who have graduated from their reincarnation cycles, have volunteered to come back and participate in this play. They have done this so that they can teach us and guide us as we continue to go along and participate in the play.

Is this what many of the spiritual teachers in the past (people like Buddha, Jesus, Emerson, etc.) have all been trying to tell us, in their own unique and individual ways?

Sorry but you must log in to view spoiler contents.

-jbseth

Like Like x 2 View List

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
Many of your global dilemmas seem so desperate only because in those areas you have gone as far as you can go — without going further. The problems act as stimuli in that regard. This doesn't mean that you have to experience disasters. They are not preordained. It does mean that you have chosen certain experiences, but that these will automatically lead to further creative development if you allow them to.
jbseth, very relevant to present-day "global dilemmas".

jbseth

Quote from: Sena
jbseth, very relevant to present-day "global dilemmas".                        

Hi Sena, Hi All,

Thanks for sharing Sena.  :)

Yeah, I agree. I also think that what he says about any portion of the race being hurt (such as in racism) is really relevant today, as well as his idea that the race suffers when any of it members starve to death or die of disease.

-jbseth

Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

Yeah, I agree. I also think that what he says about any portion of the race being hurt (such as in racism) is really relevant today, as well as his idea that the race suffers when any of it members starve to death or die of disease.
jbseth, it seems to me that it is mainly Deb, you, and I who take the Seth teachings seriously. Many may be finding the Seth teachings "difficult to stomach".

jbseth

Quote from: Sena
jbseth, it seems to me that it is mainly Deb, you, and I who take the Seth teachings seriously. Many may be finding the Seth teachings "difficult to stomach".

Hi Sena, Hi All,

I view this a little differently.

It seems to me that there are several people here, like LarryH for example, who are very familiar with the Seth teachings.  Then, along with this there are also others who are at various levels of familiarity with Seth's teachings.

Each one of us however seems to have our very own unique personal experiences, beliefs and understandings about both Seth's teachings and life in general. As a result of this we have a really great and interesting mixture of ideas and beliefs, from all the people who attend and write comments here in this forum.

While I don't necessarily agree with everyone on everything in regards to all the various ideas and beliefs that are shared here, I do think that this is part of what makes this forum so great. There is a great sharing of many different topics here, including Seth's ideas and many others. 

-jbseth
Like Like x 2 View List

Sena

It seems to me that there are several people here, like LarryH for example, who are very familiar with the Seth teachings.
jbseth, I agree there are some who have read a lot of the Seth books, but are not able to "stomach" some of the key teachings. Most educated people in this day and age have been heavily indoctrinated with the scientific world view that consciousness has no influence on physical reality.

LarryH

jbseth, I appreciate your comments.

I have read every Seth book, every Jane Roberts book, all of the Afterdeath Journals books, all the Early Sessions, all the Personal Sessions, all the Seth-related Sue Watkins books, both Norman Friedman books, some of Linda Dahl's books, gone to Seth trainings, participated in two Seth study groups, married a Seth reader, and the marriage was officiated by a person who went to Jane's ESP classes. Seth's words are the guiding principles of my life. But just like Sena, I don't accept 100% of what Seth says. I can "stomach" all of what Seth says, allowing that some of it may be distorted (which Seth admits).
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

Quote from: LarryH
and the marriage was officiated by a person who went to Jane's ESP classes.
Larry, that settles it. Thanks for sharing your experiences.