Author Topic: Reality creation gone wild  (Read 126 times)

Offline Deb

• Peacenik
  • ~You are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Seth Research Project
Has anyone else here wished for something and then not only got it, but much more than expected, an almost embarrassing amount of results? A simple example: hoping for a piece of art by a certain artist, and not having a snowball's chance of hell of ever getting it, and then suddenly something changes and you get almost the entire collection? I've had this happen a few times, an "against all odds" creation both with material and non-material things, and I don't know whether it's just a "coincidence" (I know), my imagination, or true reality creation on steroids. I keep thinking of Ron Weasley's unpredictable broken magic wand. :)

I can share a few stories, but I'd love to know about yours.
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Offline usmaak

Deb, I wish.  I have never had an experience like that, or at least haven't had one that I can remember.

I'd like for that to happen with lottery winnings.  Then I could be out of this place and onto the next big thing.  I'd love love love (love) that!
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Deb

• Peacenik
    • Seth Research Project
Quote from: usmaak
I'd like for that to happen with lottery winnings.  Then I could be out of this place and onto the next big thing.  I'd love love love (love) that!

I don't know how I create some things well, and some things not at all. I don't consciously do all the visualizations and expectation that LoA people recommend. Another simple example: When I was working on Rich Kendall's final book, Potpourri, he sent me all of his "doodle" drawings so I could scan them. I became charmed by them and his little stories and anecdotes he paired with the art. At one point we talked about selling the doodles, then decided not to. I was going to ask him if I could buy a couple of my favorites from him, but then he suddenly (and I mean suddenly) died. I ended up with all 75 of the doodles. Later, I was in touch with his brother (who also was into Seth, but not as much as Rich) and he said I should keep them all. IDK, maybe I'm just lucky.

I wouldn't mind winning the lottery either. You gave me an idea: I should start buying tickets and see what happens. Maybe it's all about emotion—you seem to be on track. It's all about the love, to quote MJ. Hold onto that feeling.  ;D

Offline usmaak

Quote from: Deb
I wouldn't mind winning the lottery either. You gave me an idea: I should start buying tickets and see what happens. Maybe it's all about emotion—you seem to be on track. It's all about the love, to quote MJ. Hold onto that feeling.
I've been playing the lottery since the early 90s.  I'm terrified of how much money I've flushed down the toilet over the years. ;D  At least some of it goes to good causes, like the school system.

If I ever won the big jackpot, I'd keep what I needed to retire now and live comfortably, and I'd donate the rest.  My wife and I have no children to pass anything on to.  I'd just want a modest house somewhere else, and enough money to live well.  I don't need millions of dollars.  I wouldn't even know what to do with that.  Maybe I'd set up scholarships and make sure that the humane society down the street is well funded.  There are so many opportunities to do good with that kind of money.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Deb

• Peacenik
    • Seth Research Project
You mentioned a few times that you moved to Colorado and regretted it. I'm so sorry about that, a very uncomfortable place to be. I moved here in '83 and then back again in '86 after a brief stint in San Diego, yet still it's all been good for me. I MAY end up moving to Florida this fall, only because I still miss FL and am tired of the snow and long Colorado winters. And CO has become so overcrowded since I first moved here. But I'm also open to staying in CO and working out another way to deal with the things that don't suit me.

I can say the times I've been over the top successful with creation has been when I'd focused the joys of where I saw myself in the future, rather than what was wrong with where I was. But I'm no expert. Just trying to help, and get a handle on this creation thing.

Offline usmaak

You mentioned a few times that you moved to Colorado and regretted it. I'm so sorry about that, a very uncomfortable place to be. I moved here in '83 and then back again in '86 after a brief stint in San Diego, yet still it's all been good for me. I MAY end up moving to Florida this fall, only because I still miss FL and am tired of the snow and long Colorado winters. And CO has become so overcrowded since I first moved here. But I'm also open to staying in CO and working out another way to deal with the things that don't suit me.

I can say the times I've been over the top successful with creation has been when I'd focused the joys of where I saw myself in the future, rather than what was wrong with where I was. But I'm no expert. Just trying to help, and get a handle on this creation thing.

It's interesting.  Where I live in CO, the winters are pretty tame.  Certainly tamer than I'm used to, when compared to other places I've lived.  But everyone has their own idea of what makes a bad winter.

I was an idiot.  It's always been my dream to live here.  I didn't realize that it would be so loud, crowded, full of traffic and polluted.  This is by far the most polluted area that I've ever lived in.  Of course my dream comes from when I was a kid, and things were a lot different back then.  Perhaps things would be better in the mountains.  I don't know at this point.  I do know that the front range is not where I want to be.

I found this quote last night when reading TES 1.

These experiences and others that you both will have cannot be willed. Use of the ego along that line will hold back such progress.

There is a feeling with which Ruburt is all too familiar which is important here. Before one of our regular sessions as you know Ruburt often becomes nervous. I have mentioned that the sensation is something akin to the feeling of an inexperienced diver standing upon a high board. The best way is just to let go and dive.

Roberts, Jane. The Early Sessions: Book 1 of The Seth Material (p. 366). New Awareness Network, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

In this passage, Seth is referring to Jane's and Rob's use of the inner senses.  Yet I found that this can really apply to other things and I specifically thought of this thread.  All of the Law of Attraction books that I've read say that you should go into it assuming that you already have it.  I've always struggled with that because I'm not great at visualization and pretending that something is there when it isn't.  Perhaps the key to this is, like Seth says above, to not let the ego and will stand in the way of it.  Maybe that's where faith in the process comes in.  Maybe it's a process that does not involve the ego at all and trying to involve it is what keeps it from happening.

I'm probably doing a poor job of explaining my thinking.  I'm still working through this idea that's bouncing around in my head.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Sena

Use of the ego along that line will hold back such progress.
usmaak, thanks for the quote. What Seth seems to be saying is that the ego cannot create reality. It is only the Inner Self which can do that.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Deb

• Peacenik
    • Seth Research Project
Sena nailed it. :)

It's always been my dream to live here.  I didn't realize that it would be so loud, crowded, full of traffic and polluted.

Well it wasn't like that when I moved here, although I worked in downtown Denver, which was a real cow town at the time and still polluted, famous for it's Brown Cloud. I remember getting nose bleeds from the pollution and dry air when I'd walk to the office.

It got really crowded in Colorado when people were streaming in from California because of their high real estate. They could sell their CA bungalow and buy a giant house here. Then weed was legalized and an entirely different crowd flocked to the state—the homeless, mentally ill, people addicted to various substances. And then since covid restrictions were lifted, in just the past few months, suddenly it felt the population doubled.

Maybe since you both are comfortable keeping to yourselves, moving to the mountains would be a good solution. There are plenty of areas in small towns that would be affordable because they're more rural and not touristy. West on 285, or I-70. There was a time when I wanted to build a cabin in Crestone, a quiet and spiritual area (not religion). And lots of interesting areas in the southwest San Juans—Ouray, Telluride, places like that. Explore!

Like Like x 1 View List

Offline KylePierce

Maybe since you both are comfortable keeping to yourselves, moving to the mountains would be a good solution. There are plenty of areas in small towns that would be affordable because they're more rural and not touristy. West on 285, or I-70. There was a time when I wanted to build a cabin in Crestone, a quiet and spiritual area (not religion). And lots of interesting areas in the southwest San Juans—Ouray, Telluride, places like that. Explore!

Deb, this makes me very nostalgic, all these places I've visited, even meeting a guy in Crestone who was building a cabin. I lived in the Pikes Peak region for many years, mostly up in the mountains, and in Cripple Creek for five years. Truly a dream come true for me, but I eventually came back to Michigan, where I feel more at home, much more so than I ever felt in the South (FL, TN, GA, SC) which I left at age 30. But each of my later moves, from SC to Michigan in '82, to Colorado in '92, and back to MI in '05, felt like a major dream come true, sort of inevitable, something drawing me to the place. So I've felt pretty fortunate in that way, but it was always like a clear choice at the time, a window of opportunity.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 08:30:03 AM by KylePierce »
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Deb

• Peacenik
    • Seth Research Project
I've been around a bit myself. The only place I wouldn't move back to is where I started out: New Jersey. It's a good place to be "from." I wonder if we've ever crossed paths?

I have a friend who has a cabin in Empire, just before you get to Georgetown, that's on 4 acres across from the Georgetown cemetery. It was built by her grandfather in the mid 1800s during the silver boom. Lots of history there, I actually produced a book about it for her and her family. I could see myself living there, despite the fact that it snows every time I've stayed there, regardless of the time of year. :)

Offline usmaak

Then weed was legalized and an entirely different crowd flocked to the state—the homeless, mentally ill, people addicted to various substances.
I see this where I live.  Homeless on every corner, asking for money.  Shelters springing up all over town, some taking advantage of them and some ignoring them.  My hood has a private gazebo for residents only and homeless routinely set up sleeping bags or whatever and sleep there.  In my seven years living here, it's turned into a major thing.  I don't know if the town chooses not to address the problem or if they are somehow powerless to do it.  I've noticed more and more homes going up for sale just in my hood.  Sometimes it seems like half of the city is selling.  And every single postage stamp sized parcel of land is being bought up for multi-story apartments.  They are putting an 85 unit multi-story affordable housing complex on an old football field that is less than 1/4 of a mile from my house.  I have a major east/west road running by my house and traffic is about to get much worse in the next six months, as they complete it.  This town/city is becoming the definition of urban sprawl.

Maybe since you both are comfortable keeping to yourselves, moving to the mountains would be a good solution. There are plenty of areas in small towns that would be affordable because they're more rural and not touristy.

That's closer to the dream that I had for living in this state.  If it were just me, I'd have already called this a failed experiment and moved back to where I come from.  But my wife likes it here and that sort of puts us at an impasse.  Perhaps I am too damned picky about where I live and maybe it would be best to focus more on that for which I can be grateful and less on that which I find annoying.  I do tend to focus on the negative.  It's a habit I've been trying to break for years.  But at what point is it a negative habit and when is it being honest with how I feel?  I've gotten in the habit of questioning every negative thought that I have and then dismissing it as there being something wrong with me.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 03:06:12 PM by usmaak »
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Deb

• Peacenik
    • Seth Research Project
This town/city is becoming the definition of urban sprawl.

I live in an area that's shielded from that to a large degree, a planned development from a California developer (Mission Viejo). I swore I'd never live here, it was too cookie cutter, and then had a kid and it suddenly became more attractive. I've not regretted it. The homeless don't venture too deeply into this area, because there are really no services or encampments available for them, and not much public transportation. However, there are occasional Romanian gypsies on some corners. Easy to spot.

I also kind of keep to myself most of the time, so I live happily in my own world. I just threw in the towel this past winter trying to garden in an increasingly garden-hostile environment. We do get 1.5 times the amount of snow that other Denver areas get. I'm so tired of shoveling snow from September to sometimes May, and running out of places to put it.

Perhaps I am too damned picky about where I live and maybe it would be best to focus more on that for which I can be grateful and less on that which I find annoying.  I do tend to focus on the negative.

There's a line between being too picky and being honest and realistic. I remember once seeing a Mary Engelbreit meme that said "Bloom where you're planted." I thought that was a great sentiment, but I'm also not sure it always works. How can it? Well, the person who can do that without fail is SPECIAL.

How about we all get together once we get back to Colorado in August? And woops, I may have talked myself into staying in Colorado thanks to Kyle.  ::) You and your wife can experience the ultimate bedroom community and our own private oasis. Minus the tents, trash, and lack of sanitation. :)

Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Jane's last name (not case sensitive):
Rob's last name (not case sensitive):