Seth's strong advice regarding developing one's abilities

Started by inavalan, August 28, 2022, 01:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

Quote from: TES8 #355"... if you are to become involved to any important degree in this particular kind of endeavor, then you must be willing to devote time, energy and concentration to that work.

The validity and quality of any communications will rest primarily with the energy with which you are willing to develop your abilities. Halfway measures will not give you clear reception, nor reliable material. The systems with which we deal are too delicate, too finely balanced, to operate with any efficiency unless there is constant study, application, and devotion to the attempt. I tell you this because you are young, and must make your own decision. Halfway measures are not beneficial to the overall personality. They can lead to difficulties.

A steady and dedicated responsibility will best allow you to develop your ability and insure the validity of your communications. I tell you, young man, honestly, that halfway measures are worse than none. The personality with halfway measures is constantly in a state of stress and confusion. Halfway measures therefore are the pitfall."
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

Seth's advice reminds of the Dunning-Krueger effect, serendipitously or not, mentioned today by Dr. Robert Malone on his substack. His analysis attempts to find some answers to "the Big How":

• Why have we, all of us, all over the world, been subjected to these profoundly destructive and counterproductive "public health" polices since January 2020? All the same policies, same justifications, same words, same censorship, same actions, all over the western world. Is it due to incompetence on the part of "public health officials" (but globally harmonized?), due to some evil pre-conceived global plan, or due to various powerful groups who seek to exploit a viral infection to advance their economic, geopolitical, or other power-related objectives? This is what I call "The Big How" question, and was first posed to me by Bret Weinstein on the infamous June 14, 2021 Dark Horse Podcast "How to Save the World in Three Easy Steps"
  • https://www.bitchute.com/video/myf5ZKLLRSVf/
    https://odysee.com/@ReelNews:8/How-to-Save-the-World-in-Three-Easy-Steps,-Robert-Malone,-Steve-Kirsch,---Bret-Weinstein:5

I do, and recommend to look at all this from a Sethian perspective.

Quote from: substack"Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one's own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments"
J Pers Soc Psychol. 1999 Dec;77(6):1121-34. doi: 10.1037//0022-3514.77.6.1121.

QuoteAbstract

People tend to hold overly favorable views of their abilities in many social and intellectual domains. The authors suggest that this overestimation occurs, in part, because people who are unskilled in these domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it. Across 4 studies, the authors found that participants scoring in the bottom quartile on tests of humor, grammar, and logic grossly overestimated their test performance and ability. Although their test scores put them in the 12th percentile, they estimated themselves to be in the 62nd. Several analyses linked this miscalibration to deficits in metacognitive skill, or the capacity to distinguish accuracy from error. Paradoxically, improving the skills of the participants, and thus increasing their metacognitive competence, helped them recognize the limitations of their abilities.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

Bora137

Half way measures in what area? Development of psychic abilities?

inavalan

@Bora137

It is about psychic ability development and about discovering the nature of reality (the Seth material).

It is like in the above picture. If we stop early on our path to discovery, we're likely to form limiting beliefs about reality, about us, about our understanding, which can be more detrimental (as they'll need to be overcome) than not doing anything (and knowing that we don't know).

That's why I made the reference to the Dunning-Krueger effect, which points to the general observation that most people overestimate their abilities, understanding.