Seth's "waking" and "dreaming" states

Started by inavalan, September 02, 2022, 11:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

Quote from: NotP #763"Ruburt wondered later if I dreamed. My own usual state of consciousness is far different from yours. I do not alternate between waking and sleeping as you do. Still, I have states of consciousness that could be compared to your dream state, in that I am myself not as involved in them as I am in others. If I said to you, "I control my dream state," you might have an idea of what I mean. Yet I do not control my dreams — I fulfill them. What you could call my dreaming state is involved with the levels I spoke of that exist beneath your remembered dreams.

(Pause.) I said earlier that there were many kinds of knowledge. Think of them instead as states of knowledge. Perception of any of these takes a consciousness attuned to each. In my "waking" condition, I operate at many levels of consciousness at once, and deal therefore with different systems of knowledge. In my "dream" condition, or rather conditions, I form links of consciousness that combine these various systems, creatively forming them into new versions. "Waking" again, I become consciously aware of those activities, and use them to add to the dimensions of my usual state, creatively expanding my experience of reality. What I learn is transmitted automatically to others like me, and their knowledge is transmitted to me.

(Pause at 10:05.) We are each consciously aware of these transmissions. In the terms usually familiar to you, you think of "the conscious mind." In those terms, there are many conscious minds. You are so prejudiced, however, that you ignore information that you have been taught cannot be conscious. All of your experience, therefore, is organized according to your beliefs."

—NotP Chapter 3: Session 763, January 5, 1976
Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.