You can't think that people are stupid, then expect them not to act so (!)

Started by inavalan, November 02, 2022, 01:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

Quote"You cannot collect data—and you collect it, both of you—that points out man's stupidities, and then demand that you personally go against what you think of as man's ingrained idiocy. This provides you with a tremendous artificial task."
—TPS3 Session 799 (Deleted Portion) March 28, 1977

As we "create our reality", believing that people are stupid creates a reality in which those people behave as expected!

This is vis-a-vis a piece of news of today that

Quotethe White House (US) 'credited "President Biden's leadership" for the increase in Social Security payments'.

Then, the WH removed their tweet, after comments that

Quotethe increase was caused by the '40-year high inflation' in US.

Surely, the tweet was correct (fact-checked :) ), but there was nothing to be proud of, nor deserve any gratitude, as it was intended to be. The WH assumed that people are so stupid that will swallow it, and will support the party currently in power in the November midterm elections. Context matters.

Quote from: White House tweet of Nov 1st 2022"Seniors are getting the biggest increase in their Social Security checks in 10 years through President Biden's leadership," the White House tweeted Tuesday.

=========
EDIT: fact-checked: It is true. But Biden shouldn't be praised, but blamed for that. :)

That's why initially I considered posting this thread under "Entertainment". But I think that it is something that each one of us seems to have to learn from.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

This also shows why "people are (fundamentally) good" doesn't work either. That is wishful thinking, not believing.

Besides, as Seth repeatedly says: contemporary humans have an erroneous idea about good and bad, as unbelievable that may seem to most of them.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan