Neville Goddard on the Crucifixion

Started by Sena, October 31, 2017, 10:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

Goddard sees the Crucifixion as an esoteric event rather than a physical event where nails were literally driven into the body of a physical being named Christ. I think this is in agreement with what Seth said, although Seth was not so explicit.

"The crucifixion is the history of man. Our human history begins with birth and ends with death. In Divine history it begins with death and ends with birth. There is a complete reversal of these histories. Here we begin in the womb and end in the tomb: but in Divine history we begin in the tomb and awaken in the womb where we are born. Now here in this fantastic drama I think we have misconceived the part of Jesus Christ and made of him an idol, and having made of him an idol he hides from us the true God."

"And may I tell you this is the sensation of the crucifixion. It's the most delightful sensation in the world; it is not painful. My hands became vortexes; my head a vortex; my feet vortexes; my side a vortex. And here I was driven into this body on the bed through my emotionalism, held by six vortexes; my hand, my feet, my head and my side. And the delight, the sheer joy of being driven upon this cross, this body! So I speak from experience; it is not a painful act. But it happened in the beginning of time. This was only a memory image returning; when I was about to awake."

"And then you will feel the wonderful thrill of being nailed upon this body. But O what a thrill! These whirling vortexes, no pain just joy, ecstatic joy. And then you are on the bed alone and the journey in the soul continues, but they are moving on, but you cannot rest from that moment on. Everything changes. You see people as you saw them and still they are different. You know their future, you know what they are destined to be; that everyone is destined to have the experience; and to remember in that ecstatic moment where unnumbered ages before he was nailed upon the cross through God's love."

http://realneville.com/txt/the_crucifixion.htm

https://youtu.be/SsDxThTVWoU

Deb

Wow, good one. The history of man, divine history. I can see the crucifixion story as being purely symbolic of our eternal nature beyond material existence: we begin with birth, transition to death and transition back with birth. I loved the interpretation of being 'nailed' to the cross as being our bond to the physical body. Of course, the cross is a representation of the human form! I can totally go along with that.

It's amazing how religions have severely distorted information to serve their own purposes. And the distortion grows with time. Then there are the people who take all of, say, the Bible, as literal history. There are so many things in Christianity that were adopted from paganism and mythology.

While Seth said Jesus was not crucified, and that the Christ personality was not only Jesus but a blending by history of three separate men, he did say there was a crucifixion of a 'stand-in' for Jesus, a regular man who seemed to think he was Jesus himself, or at least meant to be crucified in his place. And that crucifixion was a common punishment in the day. Seth goes into more tail in SS, Session 591.

But then he says this:

"The crucifixion of Christ was a psychic, but not a physical event."
—SS Chapter 14: Session 560, November 23, 1970

"To the intelligent, even the symbolism of the Crucifixion is abhorrent. Does this mean, however, that such a crucifixion did not occur? It may not have occurred, in one place and in one time, and to one called Christ; but because man has created the myth, he created the Crucifixion out of his own need; and this Crucifixion, which historically did not occur, as the myth says it occurred, nevertheless has as much reality, and more, than it would have had, had it occurred in so-called hard fact."
—TES2 Session 81 August 26, 1964

I find that quote intriguing. And then:

"(Pause.) Now in the facts of history, there was no crucifixion, resurrection, or ascension."
—TMA Session Eleven: September 15, 1980

I read most of the Goddard transcription, and will listen to the audio version as well. Goddard is harder for me to read than Seth, his choice of words is more archaic and backing up the written word with audio may help me adjust to his style.