The Reality Molecule

Started by Deb, February 14, 2015, 08:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

A good friend and I had lunch a couple of days ago. I mentioned this forum, and she told me about a chemical/drug(?) called DMT, otherwise known as the Reality Molecule. Apparently it's something found in everything on Earth (like carbon). But ingested in different ways, it causes an experience like none other. An article from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-talat-phillips/dmt-is-everywhere-conversation-with-spirit-molecule-director-mitch-schultz_b_2248834.html says:

QuoteDMT can give you something inside you that can really open up the layers of your ego. And pulling back those layers of the ego, you start to get a sense of that perfect awareness of your being, and to me that is more real than real if you will. More real than this hallucination that we're living in on a daily basis.

There's a documentary on Netflix based on the related book, called "DMT: The Spirit Molecule." Probably also available elsewhere (Youtube?)

It may be the new LSD. But I'm curious about it. There was mention of the chemical being produced by the pineal gland. My mind goes back to Seth saying that we are hard-wired, have physical organs, for communication with our higher selves.

Curious, but not ready to try something chemical. There's a more natural alternative called ayahuasca, but the side effects of vomiting and diarrhea don't sound very enticing.

Toronto Sethian

Ayahuasca contains such.  DMT is in every cell, yes.

I knew a Seth reader who went to Central America to do it.  Had a great experience.  Such things are already helping with drug addiction.  Ibogaine being another example.

That it is natural makes me think the psyche knows how to deal with it.

If I am weirded out before dying, I think a trip to Central America might be in order!

John Sorensen

I don't know bugger all about it, but I have watched the DMT documentary and listened to Joe Rogan talk about his experiences at length on his podcast.

His conversations with Graham Hancock are awesome.

The main way that Joe described DMT is that you get an immediate rocket ship trip of 15 minutes or so that for people rooted in purely material reality can be quite life transforming.

Graham Hancock noted his experiences were that with the short duration, there was not the communication he experienced with "mother ayahuasca" which Hancock described as a loving intelligence that teaches you things.

Hancock noted that there was more of an integration for the psyche with the several hour long but mild plant based ayahuasca trips, where as the DMT trips were more useful for people with no experience of deep meditation, astral travel etc, who want an immediate experience that can help them to further explore other states through meditation, lucid dreaming etc.

Joe Rogan commented that the problem with meditation is that some people can meditate for years, and they may or may not have DMT like experiences, but taking the DMT gives you a definite clear experience that is immediate and undeniable, and mind expanding. 

One is perhaps more like a roller coaster, short and brief, the other a more leisurely longer journey. both useful and valid, both with the potential for transforming ones life is we are open to integrating the experiences into our daily lives, rather than using them as an escape etc.

Also, a number of people are able to more easily get off hardcore non-hallucinogenic drugs (addictions) after taking ayauhausa (or so Joe and Graham talk about on the podcasts).

Sena

Quote from: Toronto SethianSuch things are already helping with drug addiction.  Ibogaine being another example.
Ibogaine, derived from an African plant, can cure alcohol dependency where every other measure has failed.

http://alcoholrehab.com/drug-addiction-treatment/ibogaine-for-addiction-therapy/

Ibogaine is rather dangerous and may occasionally cause death, but it is worth remembering that alcoholism can be such a serious condition that in  Holland it may be a reason for euthanasia:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/man-holland-netherlands-dutch-euthanised-alcohol-addiction-alcoholic-netherlands-a7446256.html

Deb

Article, "Evidence of a 'higher' state of consciousness?"

"For the study, Michael Schartner, Adam Barrett and Professor Seth of the Sackler Centre reanalysed data that had previously been collected by Imperial College London and the University of Cardiff in which healthy volunteers were given one of three drugs known to induce a psychedelic state: psilocybin, ketamine and LSD."
. . .

"The present study's findings help us understand what happens in people's brains when they experience an expansion of their consciousness under psychedelics. People often say they experience insight under these drugs -- and when this occurs in a therapeutic context, it can predict positive outcomes. The present findings may help us understand how this can happen."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/04/170419091624.htm

Professor Seth?

Quote from: Senaalcoholism can be such a serious condition that in  Holland it may be a reason for euthanasia:

Wow, I had no idea. I've always thought of that country as being extremely progressive (heard tales of Amsterdam even when I was a kid, but this was surprising. They had 5,500 people end their lives under the euthanasia law in 2015. I wonder what percentage of them was for emotional suffering, rather than physical. I'll probably get flack for saying this, but it seems to be a gentler way to end one's own life than suicide (or slow suicide by alcohol).

Sena

Quote from: DebI'll probably get flack for saying this, but it seems to be a gentler way to end one's own life than suicide (or slow suicide by alcohol).
Deb, I am not saying whether suicide is right or wrong in an individual instance. I think that if there is a proper framework for euthanasia, it will always be suicide, i.e. a decision made by the person himself. Unassisted suicide is risky in that it could fail, resulting in permanent brain damage or severe disability if someone jumps from a height. I just wanted to emphasize how serious a problem alcoholism can be. When an alcoholic decides to go for euthanasia, one reason could be that he wants to spare other people suffering.

Deb

Quote from: SenaI think that if there is a proper framework for euthanasia, it will always be suicide, i.e. a decision made by the person himself.

Yep. And since we make our reality, choose our family, life circumstances and death in advance, then technically every death could be considered suicide. Esther-Abraham comes right out and says that: "The death experience is always suicide. Always. Every time. Because every death experience is created by Self, no matter how it plays out. Every single one of them is created by Self."

I'm not sure if Seth ever said that so directly, but he often says that we choose our death, the timing and circumstances. This comes pretty close:

"and in the deepest of terms all deaths are somewhat suicidal."
—WTH Chapter 11: June 8, 1984

Sena

Quote from: DebI'm not sure if Seth ever said that so directly, but he often says that we choose our death, the timing and circumstances.
My wife's niece died at the age of 23. The death certificate would have said that she died of multiple sclerosis, but that is wrong. She did not have a complication of MS such as a chest infection which could have accounted for her death. She was in the car with her parents and brother, and I think they had stopped somewhere. She died very suddenly, and the description seems to fit a cardiac arrest. To me it is clear that she chose to die. Perhaps she didn't want to burden her family with her progressing disability.

sethspeaks

Esther has too much to do with Seth.
For me Seth is original and Esther copy.. ::)