Why young men would rather play video games than get a job

Started by myststars, September 28, 2016, 02:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myststars

Well ... this is a hot topic nowadays...Especially women are unpleased about males getting too many hours in front of a monitor and tv..The males can be either sons, brothers, boyfriends, husbands etc...This is non-channeled material...

http://clivethompson.net/2016/09/26/the-joy-of-grinding-or-why-young-men-would-rather-play-video-games-than-get-a-job/

I still do play games some for therapeutic reasons...Some for exploration...I would say that the video games mirrors a trend that is encouraged and entrenched in society...I would say that games are not built out of thin air...They are build because in inner self of many people there is a thirst for this that is denied, and again repressed in the day to day nromal life...I am saying when we will really begin to be more deep in understanding and more sincere in day to day stuff games will change dramatically...
People want to explore this and that but no money but the need still there so here you have it...Let another build you a fantasy world where you explore what you want...If the person was allowed to explore his thirst in real life there was no need for a video game in the first place.
The grand theft auto games have such notorious popularity because we are trained by adults that freedom means something ... distorted...When you teach as an adult, as an education a distorted definition of freedom ... you have a distorted thirst need for freedom and Grand theft auto like games come and fullfill this distorted feeling of freedom!!...It's a chicken egg paradox ... People that end up reading channeled materials like seth knows that freedom actually means something else...Is an emotional state...This is not "sold" in schools, encouraged so many individuals begin a search at some point in their life because they find that what was told was missing some parts or was a lie and an ilussion in the first place...
Here you have the "rebels" that don't want to work and actually have a bigger pleasure than the ones that work...Is ironic ?
On the other hand having Work/job is a seen in the adults eyes as a more responsible stuff than video games...But "responsability" from the start is something without a pleasure! It's an obligation that it "MUST" be done without commenting...Do you feel the "male" dominance" mentality in the responsability definition in the vast majority of adults ?
It's useless to argue with young boys and teenagers that games are counterproductive etc or lost time or other this because the priority is satisfying the EMOTIONAL level...The emotional was created on a distorted belief that was sold by Adults and schools in the first place !! Then how can blame the young ones ? Adults don't feel confortable when teenagers play video games...Adults can't control their world...When you have so many "Musts" and no pleasure when going school, life young adults found games bypass the adults-created world completly and dwelve in their own pleasure...Is a genius, creative and awesome way to tell the world that "You" can't find the pleasure in it so you sabotage it...Is a very very subtle sabbotage of the entire system! At some point the system will be forced to change .... The illusiory world created by old generation and imposed on the young ones that are faar more creative than the old will eventually crumble abruptly...
I am not saying that the gamer is a inner balanced being but i am saying that this sabbotaging of job industry this way is an extreme solution screaming "i want pleasure and emotional fullfilment!" Is more like a "war" between generations...Many old people are "handicappated" when it comes to technology so teens got this to extreme...They know the old can't cope with it...All sides lose in this war...The old want to maintain the confort zone so much...Again the wound illusion of Control from Orion, Denying the emotional body, feminine part...The old male dominated society want to keep masculine to extremes...Teenagers want to be more "feminine" ... They have not been disconnected to so extreme from feminine side like old males...The system will crumble...New generations created too many anomalies (video games, facebook, rebel, rejecting etc) and the old system will crumble...

JimK

Well Control by the elder generation doesn't seen to be working. I think young males and video games is just part of the picture.

Quote from: myststarsNew generations created too many anomalies (video games, facebook, rebel, rejecting etc) and the old system will crumble...

Yeah, isn't that the truth? But isn't it usually true that the old gives way to the new? Rebellion to one degree or another - but that also depends on the point of view of the observer. I can see patriarchal control in action and I can also see resistance in action. Change and resistance to change seem to usually be constants,

So what might it be like if we were in a matriarchal world, I wonder, with the divine feminine the ruling order? Who knows, but I would venture bet that change and resistance would still be significant. Just a guess though.

myststars

If you read about Pleiadian civilization you will see how the feminine society is.They are already there as an evolution so you can get an idea now.

JimK

myststars, btw that was an excellent post you started this topic with. It does sound like grinding could be a trap for some or at least something that has to be dealt with and enjoyed by many when it comes to alloting time in one's day-to-day life.

The Pleiadian civilization sounds like something I would like reading about. That's enough to spike my imagination and interest. Thanks for the temptation. But I've still got unread Seth books to go through at my somewhat slow highlighting/note taking rate though.

Batfan007

I've been playing video games all my life. Started about age 5, I'm not 36.

The facts are that the majority of people under 40 play one type of game or another, be it console, PC, mobile phone or whatever. The split is about  60% male to 40% female and getting closer to 50/50 over the last 20 years.

some people (a minority) have problems in life, real serious problems, and they ignore them or find distractions such as: Rock and Roll music, Novels, Drugs, Comic Books (there were public burnings in the 50's, now we FLOCK to the cinemas for these SAME stories), video games, or whatever the latest technoloogy is that the young adapt, and the older generations fear or have no experience of.

The same fears have been around for EVERY type of thing that came along from the printing press to Elvis swinging his hips on stage (the devils gyrations!!!!).

Anyhow, that's my 50 cents, the majority of peopel who play games are smart capable people who enjoy life and have many skills.

The myth of the lone male alone in his basement playing "those games" died in the 80s, but the idea of it still hangs around. It's simply not true, however there is a minority, like less than 1% who have problems and some people want to blame video games or elvis or the devil or whatever.

It is a genuine concern that most of us now spend far more time with "screens" and indoors that getting exercise or being outdoors or actually talking to one another, but the villain there is TVs, tablets and phones, which nearly everyone uses, far more than people who play games etc.