Mass Events 2: Weather

Started by Deb, October 06, 2016, 07:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Matthew is closing in on Florida tonight, a Category 4 hurricane, 130 mph winds at the moment. Headline "Haiti in Ruins: Death Toll Skyrockets" (300 at the moment, I read this morning that less than 1% of housing there has been left undamaged, 350,000 people need assistance following the disaster). Hurricanes are unpredictable in their paths, changing direction with no apparent reason, waxing and waning in strength. I've been through 2+ near-hits myself. The names of those hurricanes had a personal irony to them.

So... mass events are a mass statement. But of what, in this case? Ideas anyone?

sethspeaks

anyone creates its own reality

Deb

Quote from: sethspeaksanyone creates its own reality

Any one... any thing... creates its own reality.
But my question is,
what is the statement being made in such a mass event such as a hurricane.
The destruction, loss of life, hardships...
Why?
What is the statement being made?
In this case, the hurricane is not occurring in a third world country where the statement being made is so clear, due to substandard living conditions.

I'm being honest in my question.

Sena

Anywhere in the world there are people who harbor destructive thoughts. These thoughts attract events like hurricanes.

LenKop

That's a tough question, with probably as many answers as there are participants.

I know Seth mentioned those who choose to live in such areas for reasons such as experiencing the thrills of living in 'dangerous' conditions, while others know their lives will end in the violence of such storms. Being in the midlle of Nature's unbridled force allows a unique earthly  experience. And, as Sena said, for many it might be a reflection of their inner rage. Each has their personal beliefs behind their choices.

As far as the mass movement of consciousness...we would only be guessing. Anything from pushing the nation into changes, or bringing the world together in harmony. Maybe only so much war and 'inequality' can rage before energies rebalance and a humanitarian event takes place that tests all of our compassion. Acting like a magnifying glass upon which millions of eyes focus resulting in a major push of loving energy, almost instantaneously raising the frequency of everyone involved. That might not be achieved without the violence of such storms.

I'm just guessing, of course.

LK

JimK

Maybe you've got some good guesses, Len!

sethspeaks

Deb

Quote from: LenKopthose who choose to live in such areas for reasons

I think Seth also mentioned somewhere that the reason people move is because their own energy has changed, and they will become attracted to another area. Since I've moved around the country a bit, that gave me something to think about.

Quote from: LenKopNature's unbridled force allows a unique earthly  experience.

I have to admit that I enjoy witnessing the force of nature, especially lightening storms, torrential downpours, storm-tossed waves, getting snowed in. There's a bit of excitement in not knowing how extreme things will get. But I don't like real danger (tornadoes, full-impact hurricanes).

Quote from: LenKopMaybe only so much war and 'inequality' can rage before energies rebalance and a humanitarian event takes place that tests all of our compassion. Acting like a magnifying glass upon which millions of eyes focus resulting in a major push of loving energy, almost instantaneously raising the frequency of everyone involved. That might not be achieved without the violence of such storms.

Wow, that was really profound. It definitely feels right. I know Hurricane Katrina was a real game changer because of how things were handled. There were some hard lessons learned with that storm.

Dandelion

It is also symbolic of the way we have separated ourselves from nature.  We have developed an adversarial relationship with it, where we try to conquer, control, and otherwise manipulate it to suit our needs and beliefs. 

Deb

Quote from: DandelionIt is also symbolic of the way we have separated ourselves from nature.  We have developed an adversarial relationship with it, where we try to conquer, control, and otherwise manipulate it to suit our needs and beliefs. 

Amen to that! People feel the need to try to control everything. Your comment reminds me of Seth talking about how we objectify animals in the cases of doing scientific research. I suppose you'd have to be that way to work in the meat or poultry processing (food factory) industries as well.

Just wanted to let you all know I've been really slammed with work and other responsibilities recently and haven't been able to post much here. I'm behind in just about every facet of my life. Why have I been creating this for myself? I don't know, I need to think about that, when I have time... Tomorrow may be the light at the end of the tunnel.