No coming back

Started by Sena, September 06, 2021, 03:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

Here is a Seth quote about reincarnational  existences:

"You seem to think that there is an expanse of time between reincarnational existences, that one follows the other as one moment seems to follow another. Because you perceive a reality of cause and effect, you hypothesize a reality in which one life affects the next one. With your theories of guilt and punishment you often imagine that you are hampered in this existence by guilts collected in the last life — or worse, accumulated through the centuries. These multiple existences, however, are simultaneous and open-ended." (from "The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts)

https://amzn.eu/eq3gjvZ

If all existences are simultaneous, there is no "coming back".
Like Like x 1 View List

Bora137

I don't know Sena. When Seth talks about fear of death he says that in fact there is more fear of life, of jumping back in a body. He says some have to be persuaded to go because they really don't want to. So I think this is another entity verses complete self situation. The entity really never leaves and always has at least one thumb in the earth plane pie as it were so yes there is no coming back for it as it never left but us our complete self visits earth then the spirit realm then we might 'go back' to earth albeit in a none linear fashion. One thing that did make me change my thinking on soul progression was the Frank discussion. Now before I would have said someone like Frank is a basic consciousness perhaps recently emerged from some animal but in fact we can see how a very advanced entity can evoke a basic personality or as Frank is called a fragment to attend to some imperfection in its makeup.
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

Quote from: Bora137
When Seth talks about fear of death he says that in fact there is more fear of life, of jumping back in a body. He says some have to be persuaded to go because they really don't want to. So I think this is another entity verses complete self situation.
Bora, I can't recall the above in any of the books. Any chance of a reference?

QuoteThe entity really never leaves and always has at least one thumb in the earth plane pie as it were so yes there is no coming back for it as it never left but us our complete self visits earth then the spirit realm then we might 'go back' to earth albeit in a none linear fashion. One thing that did make me change my thinking on soul progression was the Frank discussion.

The whole idea of soul "progression" is inconsistent with the Seth teachings:

"I do not want to get involved in a discussion of "levels," in which progression is supposed to occur from one to the other. All such discussions are based upon your idea of one-personhood, consecutive time, and limited versions of the soul. There are red, yellow, and violet flowers. One is not more progressed than the others, but each is different. These units combine into various kinds of gestalts of consciousness. Basically, it is not correct to say that one is more progressed than another." (from "The "Unknown" Reality, Volume One (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts, Robert F. Butts)

https://amzn.eu/6stESaP

It seems to me that you have an incorrect understanding of the Sethian concept of Entity. There is no question of the Entity being "top dog" and the individual personalities being "underdogs". Every personality is a manifestation of the Entity. There is no separation between myself and the Entity to which I belong.
Like Like x 1 View List

Bora137

Hi Sena. I entirely agree there are no top dogs. But the entity (which I concede I don't fully grasp) must be different to me - because I am a point of it I cannot use the entirety of its experience, I can use the entirety of my soul's experience - this is why I have my own reincarnations as I can't access the incarnations of the other souls within the entity. For me there will be times of incarnation and non incarnation. It's time/space so all points in time are accessible but I'm clearly not living all points in time, I have a point of focus.  My entity as I understand it uses me as a sort of sensor to experience different realities. This in no way invalidates me - we just get different benefits.  It experiences my experiences in something akin to a dream. So there are differences. Consciousness is as Seth stresses not a closed system, but throughout the entity there will be wide differences in focus. So I maintain that my direct experience will be one of sometimes not being incarnate and sometimes being incarnate - like now for instance. Therefore I can come back.

I am sorry for not posting the 'fear of being incarnated' quote. I will keep looking for it. I'm not great at referencing I'll admit.

I think I'm making progress in comprehending this entity and me thing . The discussions really help. Or maybe I'm way off lol
Like Like x 1 Cool Cool x 1 View List

Sena

Quote from: Bora137
For me there will be times of incarnation and non incarnation. It's time/space so all points in time are accessible but I'm clearly not living all points in time, I have a point of focus.
Hi Bora, the question of time is the key topic we need to understand in relation to reincarnation and the entity. From the point of view of the entity, there is no past, present or future.
There is a view in modern physics that time is an illusion:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-04558-7

QuoteAccording to theoretical physicist Carlo Rovelli, time is an illusion: our naive perception of its flow doesn't correspond to physical reality. Indeed, as Rovelli argues in The Order of Time, much more is illusory, including Isaac Newton's picture of a universally ticking clock. Even Albert Einstein's relativistic space-time — an elastic manifold that contorts so that local times differ depending on one's relative speed or proximity to a mass — is just an effective simplification.

So what does Rovelli think is really going on? He posits that reality is just a complex network of events onto which we project sequences of past, present and future.
Like Like x 1 View List