My strroke of insight by Jill Bolte Taylor

Started by Sena, May 14, 2022, 12:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

This is the fascinating story of Jill Bolte Taylor, a neuroanatomist who had a massive stroke affecting her left brain hemisphere. Instead of becoming unconscious, her consciousness seemed to expand immeasurably. It seems to have been a mystical experience. This appears to confirm the idea that the brain does not "produce" consciousness. The brain in fact restricts consciousness so that we can get on with our daily lives.

Love it! Love it! x 3 View List

Deb

@Sena thank you for this. Jill has come up a couple of times here, and  I really enjoyed listening again. I'm only half way through right now, and I forgot how much I appreciate her story. How perfect to have someone like her, with her intelligence, background and training, to analyze and share her experience. So wonderful that she was able to share that with the rest of us. Almost 7.5 million YT views!

Do you suppose the left brain function is based more in ego, and the right brain more inner self?

Sena

Quote from: Deb on May 15, 2022, 01:07:10 AMDo you suppose the left brain function is based more in ego, and the right brain more inner self?

Deb, yes, I think that could well be the case, keeping in mind that the brain is a "transceiver" of consciousness.
Like Like x 2 View List

strangerthings

No finding of the soul or consciousness inside a brain.

Did ya'll know there is at least one patent on tranferring someones soul into something else ? That cracked me up!
Funny Funny x 1 Wow! Wow! x 1 View List

strangerthings

I think our consciousness, inner self, soul uses both sides. For if we in the "now" (right) change the past or future (left), by using our creative power, then they work together at our command.

We are energy beings and yet so much more than that.

We are gods in training.

Souls in our vehicle bodies. The vehicle needs a body here on/in Earth to function as a human.

Like Like x 1 View List