Author Topic: Interpreting one’s own dreams  (Read 9695 times)

Offline transient amnesia

• Sethie II
Quote from: Deb
Quote from: transient amnesia
Later, about four weeks, over the phone she said she was telling me "she was in the hospital, she  got hurt and was fighting to get back to her unit"

Wow, that's amazing!

The thing with the car alarm, I can just say that there have been times when I'd hear something while sleeping (such as when my clock radio alarm goes on) and the song playing will become incorporated into my dream. Hah, once when I was a teen I was driving my car down a highway, my best friend was seated next to me. She started singing a current song. I turned on my radio and the song was playing, same spot in the song as my friend was singing. That was pretty cool.

yeah... It sounds amazing now.  Then, it was terrifying not knowing exactly the wheres and how all that Mom stuff. 

So,... these sounds that are incorporated into a dream are a common occurrence?  I'll tell ya, it was a first time for me. 
About the radio... I've done that also or it is the 'next' song.  Wow  :)

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
So,... these sounds that are incorporated into a dream are a common occurrence?

I'd never really looked into that, so this morning I did and there are a lot of articles. This one was pretty basic and clear. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/28/dream-facts_n_4003477.html  Seems to be a common thing.

Offline transient amnesia

• Sethie II
Quote from: Deb
So,... these sounds that are incorporated into a dream are a common occurrence?

I'd never really looked into that, so this morning I did and there are a lot of articles. This one was pretty basic and clear. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/28/dream-facts_n_4003477.html  Seems to be a common thing.

From the link<<snip>>
When we’re sleeping, our bodies do everything they can to stay asleep. So rather than waking us up, outside stimuli — smells, sounds, sensations — often become woven into our dream narratives. “The dreaming mind has this really cool way of seemingly flawlessly incorporating the outside interference into the storyline of the dream,”

Thanks Deb, I didn't know this would even be a searchable thing for main stream media....

Anyway,  That explains or proves (to me) the power of vigilance or why I've slept like a cat all my life.  If I heard a sound while I was asleep I'd just wake up or at the very least open my eyes and close them again.  Understanding "living in a safe universe" is easier for some.   
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:42:16 PM by transient amnesia »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):