Certain physical laws with which you must contend

Started by Deb, March 24, 2016, 07:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

This has crossed my mind many times since I first read it, yet I don't recall Seth actually "mentioning later" where he was going with this. Does anyone know if he actually expounded on these physical laws? If so, where?

From NOPR Chapter 5 Session 623 (continued from Ch.4):

You each have a body and you each have consciousness. You can practice with these ideas by applying them to your body. For now we are taking into consideration the fact that, generally speaking, you are not going to make yourself five physical feet taller if you are a grown adult already, because there are certain physical laws with which you must contend. We will discuss those more fully later.

In that context you can even appear taller, and affect others as if you were—which would usually be what you wanted in any case under the circumstances. But except for some conditions which will be mentioned later...

barrie

Below, Seth explains how both the physical & nonphysical realities must be seen in their own light:

Seth (Session 758): "There is little use in trying to discover other levels of your own reality if you insist upon applying the laws of physical life to your own larger experience. Then you will always be in a quandary, and no facts will fit.  You cannot, however insist that the laws of your vaster existence, as you discover them, SUPERSEDE the physical conditions of known life -- for then no facts would apply either. You will expect to live forever in the same physical body, or think that you can levitate with your body at will. You can indeed levitate, but not with your physical body, practically speaking in operational terms. You accepted a body, and that body will die. It has limitations, but these also serve to highlight  certain kinds of experience...The 'true facts' are that you exist in this life and outside it simultaneously. You are "between lives" and 'in lives' at once...Your life is a dreaming experience to other portions of your greater reality which focus elsewhere...Existence has a physical version."

Seth (Session 266): What you perceive with your physical senses is, of course, real. It is one of the forms that reality takes. But if you insist upon believing that ONLY physical data is real, then you see you will never learn what is within it.

Seth (Session 284): "One of the root agreements upon which physical existence is based is that physical objects have a reality that is entirely independent of any subjective cause; and that these objects, within definitely specified limitations, are permanent."

Seth (Session 759: " You may ask how real are those other existences, but if so, you must ask in whose terms. Existence has a physical version. In that framework you are born and die, and in a definite sequence. Death is a physical reality. It is real, however, only in physical terms. If you accept those terms as the only criterion of reality, then surely it appears that death is an end to your consciousness."

Seth (Session 498) "The horror and the results of mismanagement, and the VULNERABILITY; are the teaching methods that each consciousness has accepted before entering your system. There is no way out but to learn or to ruin the entire system. In no other field of reality are the terms so drastic. For this reason the inner self withholds much of its knowledge. There must be no leaning upon the very basic fact that behind and within the system there is relief. You must believe in the physical reality and accept the VULNERABILITY.

"Now, from your system spring some of the most advanced of all identities. They go on and learn from other realities, granted, but yours is the hardest to manage, and those who accept it go off into a certain line of development where the potentials are beyond anything of which you can presently conceive...

(499) "...You do not consider a dream as a success or a failure. If the dream ends in a moment of destruction you do not consider the dream a failure. In the overall then, when I told you that the planet was dispensable, I meant it somewhat in those terms, for while in your reality you are VULNERABLE, agony is real, still it is not the whole reality, and success and failure have no meaning in those (underlined) terms."

SETH (actually a Seth II quote from Session 446): "You are being allowed freedom within limits. The human race is a state through which various forms of consciousness travel. The ideals keep the race pointed in beneficial directions. Thoughts and emotions form the basic. You learn by seeing these turn into physical reality. You may be killed by what you have created. If so, the lesson is doubly learned. Before you can be allowed into systems of reality that are more extensive and open,  you must first learn to handle energy, and see, through physical materializations, the CONCRETE RESULT  of thought and emotion. As a child forms mud pies from dirt, so you form your civilization out of thoughts and emotions, and then see what you have created, and you must deal with it ON ITS TERMS---In other systems, energy is more directly felt, more extensive. Consciousness has much more freedom in its utilization.

The lessons must be properly learned before such responsibility...When you leave the physical system after reincarnation, you have learned the lessons, and you are literally no longer a member of the human race in those terms, for you elect to leave it... In more advanced systems, thoughts and emotions are automatically and immediately translated into action, into whatever approximation of matter there exists. Therefore, the lessons must be taught and learned well."

John Sorensen

"Seth (Session 498) "The horror and the results of mismanagement, and the VULNERABILITY; are the teaching methods that each consciousness has accepted before entering your system. There is no way out but to learn or to ruin the entire system. In no other field of reality are the terms so drastic. For this reason the inner self withholds much of its knowledge. There must be no leaning upon the very basic fact that behind and within the system there is relief. You must believe in the physical reality and accept the VULNERABILITY."

No way out - sounds like an 80's slasher film.

No way out "of what" is my question here? Physical reality, the body, reincarnation?

It's a bit vague.

Thanks for posting the awesome quotes Barrie.

Deb

Answers beyond what I would have hoped.
Thank you Barrie for seeing this. I was tempted to draw your attention to this post, but thought I'd leave it to fate.
And fate has served me well.
It's getting late for me (and I've been shoveling snow all day); 2 hours even later for you.
And John, thank you for your consistent contributions.
I'm fading today, will read this carefully/faithfully in the morning.
I'm a happy former Jersey girl.
Who missed Seth, Jane and Rob by the skin of my teeth (no idea why I was a day late, and a dollar short).
But better late than never.

John Sorensen

Quote from: Deb on March 24, 2016, 10:41:33 PM
Answers beyond what I would have hoped.
Thank you Barrie for seeing this. I was tempted to draw your attention to this post, but thought I'd leave it to fate.
And fate has served me well.
It's getting late for me (and I've been shoveling snow all day); 2 hours even later for you.
And John, thank you for your consistent contributions.
I'm fading today, will read this carefully/faithfully in the morning.
I'm a happy former Jersey girl.
Who missed Seth, Jane and Rob by the skin of my teeth (no idea why I was a day late, and a dollar short).
But better late than never.

Just for the record, I'm obsessive compulsive and pick the holes / flaws in everything. I blame Socrates for that.

Doesn't mean I'm right about anything though.

So the same applies to me, I have to criticise my own ideas and beliefs, and look for the flaws as should anyone who reads my verbose ramblings.

"question everything, believe nothing"

Deb

Quote from: John Sorensen on March 25, 2016, 02:33:33 AMJust for the record, I'm obsessive compulsive and pick the holes / flaws in everything. I blame Socrates for that.

From reading Socrates, or is he one of your incarnations? :)

You have a lot of information. A LOT. You're like a walking, breathing interactive library and it's very much appreciated. You also have your own perspective; we all need exposure to different perspectives. That's what is wrong about being so isolated in being a Seth fan—not being able to share thoughts, interpretations, perspectives. But that's why we're here at SoS. I do tend to question everything as well, but I sure want to find something to believe.

LenKop

At least we believe in questioning everything....it's a good start.

LK

John Sorensen

Quote from: Deb on March 25, 2016, 12:50:48 PM
Quote from: John Sorensen on March 25, 2016, 02:33:33 AMJust for the record, I'm obsessive compulsive and pick the holes / flaws in everything. I blame Socrates for that.

From reading Socrates, or is he one of your incarnations? :)

You have a lot of information. A LOT. You're like a walking, breathing interactive library and it's very much appreciated. You also have your own perspective; we all need exposure to different perspectives. That's what is wrong about being so isolated in being a Seth fan—not being able to share thoughts, interpretations, perspectives. But that's why we're here at SoS. I do tend to question everything as well, but I sure want to find something to believe.

HAHAHA! No way. I wish.

No I've never even read a word from him but a guy's book I read mentioned him quit a bit. He's one of those characters that a lot of people comment on.
The way I am like him is with criticism of things, or seeking truth / understanding in things, and often it drives OTHER people nuts.
So when they hand me my cup of execution poison (Hemlock) , I'll still be making some final point, and gladly!

That library comment is spot on, it is a theme that runs through many lifetimes. Storing and recording information, translation, travelling long distances to share information and other fun stuff. Probably a few naughty deaths in there too for having or sharing "forbidden" information, you know, anything actually useful that those in power don't want people to have/ know about for fear of the "people" being empowered and thinking for themselves. Your "Mr Smiths" of the world.

Yeah from my view the greater contrasting perspectives we can take the more we grow in a sense. I mean imagine being born locked in a cupboard and never having any human contact. Our self would basically be an animal and not activate various parts of the brain. The cross pollination of ideas, values and experiences is critical not only to human growth, to waking up and growing up, but I would say also to our very survival as a species.